love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709980 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #6650 on: May 26, 2017, 12:54:21 AM »
I'd love 5am sunrises right about now. We're heading into winter so now we get 7:30 sunrises. :(

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #6651 on: May 26, 2017, 01:07:58 AM »
That would be sweet
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #6652 on: May 26, 2017, 03:47:30 AM »
Does Australia get Winter? Isn't it more like Light Summer?
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #6653 on: May 26, 2017, 07:44:32 AM »
Depends where you are. The far north is in the tropics so gets wet/dry season. Down here in the south we get a winter, no snow (except in the mountains), but still winter.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #6654 on: May 28, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
In other pet peeve news, Minneapolis in many park or main bike path areas has divided bike vs. walking paths. Yet inevitably there are walkers on the bike path. I mean, the walking paths are the more scenic yet here they are clogging the road like entitled cholesterol.

There's a song you can sing for that. :)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #6655 on: June 06, 2017, 03:19:12 AM »
I usually love my husband, but he cooks this dish with lots of cloves in it and I hate him for it. 
Texan Down Under

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #6656 on: June 06, 2017, 03:26:22 AM »
When a character in a movie or tv show asks a subordinate how long they need to get something done. And the subordinate says, "Two days, at the least." And the boss/captain/colonel says, "I want it done in four hours." And the subordinate says yessir right away sir. And the subordinate gets it done in three hours fifty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds.

pixote
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:27:59 AM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6657 on: June 06, 2017, 05:29:55 AM »
Not gonna lie, I've been the subordinate in that situation before.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #6658 on: June 06, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
I am just wondering why the boss bothers to ask how long it will take if he/she needs it back in 4 hours.  Shouldn't the request be given with the deadline? At least if it is a military officer. Having been a boss as well as employee, I have been in that situation many times.  As a boss, I usually have a pretty good idea how long it really will take but I know there are activities that have to be done according to a schedule that can not be disrupted.  I more times than not, probably just do it myself unless there is a reason I can't 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6659 on: June 06, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »
When a character in a movie or tv show asks a subordinate how long they need to get something done. And the subordinate says, "Two days, at the least." And the boss/captain/colonel says, "I want it done in four hours." And the subordinate says yessir right away sir. And the subordinate gets it done in three hours fifty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds.

pixote

Like: Bullshit 10 minutes!
        This thing will be over in 2 minutes!
        Get on it!
Hey, nice marmot!

love