Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709923 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #6720 on: April 19, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »
I fixed it and used the best available option.

What do I have to do to get my posts read around here!!!!

I see you saltine.
Hey, nice marmot!

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #6721 on: April 19, 2020, 08:09:16 PM »

I see you saltine.

Thanks, Marty!

The reason the stars (squares) didn't match in all cases with the titles had to do with settings. So, I went behind the curtain and changed some things. Some of you got a demotion and some of you got a promotion, if you want to look at it like that. Anyway, everyone should be seeing stars or boxes that are equivalent to your post count unless you have a lower than 10,000 post count and have a moderator or FAB position on the forum, in which case you have a number of stars or boxes equivalent to your status as FAB member or moderator.
Texan Down Under

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #6722 on: April 20, 2020, 12:26:19 AM »

I see you saltine.

Thanks, Marty!

The reason the stars (squares) didn't match in all cases with the titles had to do with settings. So, I went behind the curtain and changed some things. Some of you got a demotion and some of you got a promotion, if you want to look at it like that. Anyway, everyone should be seeing stars or boxes that are equivalent to your post count unless you have a lower than 10,000 post count and have a moderator or FAB position on the forum, in which case you have a number of stars or boxes equivalent to your status as FAB member or moderator.

LOL...yeah I just saw Bondo's. That Kristen Stewart as Jean Seberg just catches the eye. Thanks for the explanation.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #6723 on: April 21, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
The forum look changed a couple years back but most of us fear change and put the look back to classic look. At least that's what I did. New users probably just use the new look.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6724 on: April 23, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
When Bandit, my cat, is hiding under a table or in a box and he decides he wants “to play” and his eyes are big and solid black like Evil Willow from BTVS.
Hey, nice marmot!

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #6725 on: July 21, 2020, 05:49:23 AM »
When someone posts a webpage with a recipe on it and puts the actual recipe waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom after indulging in overuse of imagery of the dish you want to make.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #6726 on: July 21, 2020, 08:36:48 AM »
Agreed.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #6727 on: July 21, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
Going to the “Print” page of the recipe seems to be the trick to avoid all that.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #6728 on: July 21, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »
Going to the “Print” page of the recipe seems to be the trick to avoid all that.

pixote

Most recipes I find aren't worth the effort to just print. I want to scan quickly and if it has potential, I want the ingredient list. 90% of the recipes I find need to be tweaked a bit. Making me scroll past endless bullshit drives me crazy.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #6729 on: July 21, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
I wasn’t suggesting you actually print out the recipe. Rather, many recipe sites have a “Print” version of the recipe which gives you the ingredient list and the directions without all the surrounding stuff that peeves you.

edit: For a random example, compare this with this.

pixote
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:38:35 AM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

love