love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710061 times)

Antares

• Godfather
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #6730 on: July 21, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
I wasn’t suggesting you actually print out the recipe. Rather, many recipe sites have a “Print” version of the recipe which gives you the ingredient list and the directions without all the surrounding stuff that peeves you.

edit: For a random example, compare this with this.

pixote

I never knew about that option, thank you very much. You just made my culinary expeditions on the web a whole lot less frustrating!
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #6731 on: July 21, 2020, 07:38:47 PM »
I for sure agree with the peeve though.

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #6732 on: July 22, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »
I for sure agree with the peeve though.

It's as if the cook wants every one to see how pretty the dish is as opposed to how delicious it would be. I've always said that to be a great cook, you have to be an amalgamation of three people, one part Cezanne (eye appeal), one part Mozart (improvisational genius) & one part part Madame Curie (chemist). Get all three of these traits, and you create the most wonderful recipes.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #6733 on: August 05, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
It annoys me when you're chatting with someone over text and they say something you don't understand so you repeat it with a question mark at the end and they reply with a "yeah".

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6734 on: August 05, 2020, 05:16:09 PM »
?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #6735 on: August 05, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
Yeah
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #6736 on: August 05, 2020, 05:40:58 PM »
I lost
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #6737 on: August 23, 2020, 09:15:19 PM »
Companies that don't identify themselves when you call, phone etiquette here is very casual and have the time I can a business the person answer with "Hello" like I called somebody's house
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #6738 on: December 13, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
When someone posts a webpage with a recipe on it and puts the actual recipe waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom after indulging in overuse of imagery of the dish you want to make.

You might be interested in this Chrome extension.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6739 on: December 24, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »
That one sister dictating what family time during looks like during the holidays. The rest of the family likes playing games but she doesn't and complains loudly about it so she decides we should watch things but it's always things she wants to watch the most out of the family and it's always the same damn 4 movies every holiday and then whatever show she thinks is the hottest thing at the moment. I honestly just go off to another room and do my own thing most of the time at this point which might be the jerk move but she knows I hate the movies she picks and she does it every single year. And heaven forbid I get one pick of a Christmas movie (which is always Shop Around the Corner since the most people in my family like it) because then she sulks or says something loudly during the movie at weird times.

I dunno, I'm glad to see her but usually by the third day I resign myself to seeing her a few hours a day and disappearing the instant the TV turns on because I know she's about to put on something I hate. It's not like we even have that bad of a relationship otherwise. Every other time of the year I see her it goes fine, it's specifically Christmas where she seems to be this way.