Author Topic: I love...  (Read 284654 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: I love...
« Reply #710 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Mostly 10-year-olds. It was endearing at first but when they start blindsiding you and hitting you in the face with plastic balls thanks to dodgeball games you're apparently part of, it starts to get annoying.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #711 on: June 04, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation.  It's great.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #712 on: June 04, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
I agree. It's just nice to know you're taking part in a game.  It's also the latest #1 reason the kids start arguing and fighting and giving me headaches.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #714 on: June 07, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »
When I rediscover stuff I liked during my childhood but let go of when I became 'mature', only to return to them later in my life because I really never stopped liking it in the first place.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #715 on: June 07, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
When I rediscover stuff I liked during my childhood but let go of when I became 'mature', only to return to them later in my life because I really never stopped liking it in the first place.

Go go, Power Rangers!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

what is meant by that phrase there, what is it, oh yes, "when I became 'mature'." What does that mean, is that some code for a secret club I wasn't invited to or something?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #717 on: June 07, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »

Go go, Power Rangers!

...you go have fun with that.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #718 on: June 08, 2009, 07:50:16 AM »
When seven year old, skateboard yielding children knock on your door at 11:30 on a Sunday night, asking for some ice because their friend got kicked in the head. There are multiple things wrong with this situation.

1. What are they doing up so late?
2. Where are their parents?
3. What are they doing in my building, that's trespassing, and I'm actually scared now?
4. How/why did this kid get kicked in the head?

Given they may have been older, but they were definitely not older than 10 unless they were just super short. But still, this blew my mind that it happened. Needless to say I took the middle ground and just refused them the ice as politely as possible. I didn't know what to do! I wanted to tell them off for all of the above reasons, but what about the kid that needs the ice for his kicked head? I didn't want to support such behavior or just simply ignore it. So I denied them as politely as possible, knowing that some of my dumb neighbors would give them some ice.

Oh the wonderful city of Cincinnati!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #719 on: June 08, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »

LOCK YOUR DOORS!  THEY'RE COMING!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad