Author Topic: I love...  (Read 284552 times)

DrKimble

• Elite Member
Re: I love...
« Reply #1180 on: October 13, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »
sharpening pencils
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1181 on: October 13, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »
Getting notes and photos from friends I've haven't heard from in a while.  Warms my soul.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1182 on: October 13, 2009, 01:38:47 PM »
Finding an unopened Snicker bar in my backpack when I'm unpacking after a trip
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1183 on: October 13, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »
Oh that rocks!

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #1184 on: October 14, 2009, 03:40:34 AM »
Singing.

Yesterday, we finally started rehearsing again after a much longer than usual summer break (I sing in a choir). And I think I also love Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #1185 on: October 14, 2009, 04:33:57 AM »
[...]And I think I also love Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.

Yeah, I can see that. He was a handsome fella.  ;)
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1186 on: October 14, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »
Singing.

Yesterday, we finally started rehearsing again after a much longer than usual summer break (I sing in a choir). And I think I also love Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.

Mmmm, I love singing, too. Miss my college choir days. There's a community choir here that does Handel's Messiah every year and Mendelssohn's Elijah in the spring, but I've been able to participate only a few times - teaching schedule, kids, etc. It all gets too complicated.

Soprano, mezzo-soprano, or alto, Em?

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #1187 on: October 14, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly sweatshirt Dr. Kimball made me. Today is the first day i've been able to wear it this year. Yay!
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #1188 on: October 14, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
Singing.

Mmmm, I love singing, too. Miss my college choir days. There's a community choir here that does Handel's Messiah every year and Mendelssohn's Elijah in the spring, but I've been able to participate only a few times - teaching schedule, kids, etc. It all gets too complicated.

I'm an alto most of the time, and a mezzo-soprano if required. I prefer being an alto because it is often more challenging melody-wise than soprano.

There's a Messiah sing-along here every year as well, organised by the English-speaking community of Munich. I've been there twice so far, and it was an absolute blast.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1189 on: October 14, 2009, 03:36:29 PM »
Singing.

I'm an alto most of the time, and a mezzo-soprano if required. I prefer being an alto because it is often more challenging melody-wise than soprano.

There's a Messiah sing-along here every year as well, organised by the English-speaking community of Munich. I've been there twice so far, and it was an absolute blast.

Yes, alto is fun. I'm mezzo-soprano most of the time, and I like those rare occasions when the first sopranos have the melody.  :)

love