Author Topic: I love...  (Read 284627 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: I love...
« Reply #1220 on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »
A commercial for Fedor on national TV, he is so awesome it hurts sometimes.

I read they played this. Should be a good fight. Plus we get Machida next week!

My trainer just signed to fight on the Nov. 7 Strikeforce card. If only he had signed earlier I would have been in attendance, maybe even as one of his cornermen, but I'm taking my brother to see a college that weekend.

I'm looking forward to Machida destroying Shogun. I've been a fan of the guy since I saw him way back in Jungle Fight, and I don't see any way that Shogun touches him.

Machida is -480 on most lines. Sickest lines I have seen on a long time for a fight.

Did you see the lines for Bowles/Torres for the WEC 135 title a while back? Day of the fight Torres was at -750. Torres is great, was easily the best in the world at 135 going into that fight, but I knew Bowles would give him some trouble. Of course I'm a wuss when it comes to my own money so I told my friend what to bet and he made 5 thousand on that fight.

I remember some Tyson fights were like -2200!

Yeah, I don't think any MMA line has come close to that yet. I know the lines for the Lewis/McCall rematch from years back were at some ungodly 1000 number.

You read that Machida wants to fight Lesner? Doubt it will ever happen but would be sick.

Yeah, I read that. He wants to clean out the LHW division over his next five fights and then take on Lesnar. I don't think it would ever happen, but it would be interesting, the one thing Machida has never had to face is a bull rush style wrestler in his prime. The funny thing is they are having a hell of a time getting LHW's to agree to fight Machida. The only reason he ended up fighting Rashad for the title was because Forrest Griffin, Rampage and Rich Franklin all turned down fights against him. They had to go with Shogun for this title shot because none of the other challengers wanted to face him yet.

You hear about Hendo possibly signing with Strikeforce because the UFC snubbed him, Marquardt and Okami to give Belfort the shot at Silva's title?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1221 on: October 18, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
A commercial for Fedor on national TV, he is so awesome it hurts sometimes.

I read they played this. Should be a good fight. Plus we get Machida next week!

My trainer just signed to fight on the Nov. 7 Strikeforce card. If only he had signed earlier I would have been in attendance, maybe even as one of his cornermen, but I'm taking my brother to see a college that weekend.

I'm looking forward to Machida destroying Shogun. I've been a fan of the guy since I saw him way back in Jungle Fight, and I don't see any way that Shogun touches him.

Machida is -480 on most lines. Sickest lines I have seen on a long time for a fight.

Did you see the lines for Bowles/Torres for the WEC 135 title a while back? Day of the fight Torres was at -750. Torres is great, was easily the best in the world at 135 going into that fight, but I knew Bowles would give him some trouble. Of course I'm a wuss when it comes to my own money so I told my friend what to bet and he made 5 thousand on that fight.

I remember some Tyson fights were like -2200!

Yeah, I don't think any MMA line has come close to that yet. I know the lines for the Lewis/McCall rematch from years back were at some ungodly 1000 number.

You read that Machida wants to fight Lesner? Doubt it will ever happen but would be sick.

Yeah, I read that. He wants to clean out the LHW division over his next five fights and then take on Lesnar. I don't think it would ever happen, but it would be interesting, the one thing Machida has never had to face is a bull rush style wrestler in his prime. The funny thing is they are having a hell of a time getting LHW's to agree to fight Machida. The only reason he ended up fighting Rashad for the title was because Forrest Griffin, Rampage and Rich Franklin all turned down fights against him. They had to go with Shogun for this title shot because none of the other challengers wanted to face him yet.

You hear about Hendo possibly signing with Strikeforce because the UFC snubbed him, Marquardt and Okami to give Belfort the shot at Silva's title?

Ya read about Hendo. The stupid UFC needs to start paying their fighters, esp the top guys, or they are going to lose them all. They are so cheap with fighters it makes no sense.

I really think the UFC is in trouble right not in terms of the belts. Every belt (except maybe Penn's) is pretty much locked up unless the holder retires. Who is going to be GSP, Silva, Machida, or even Lesner. It makes for boring title fights and even boring stories in general since every fighter is just working their way up to getting killed by the title holder.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1222 on: October 21, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1223 on: October 21, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »
Rain.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #1224 on: October 21, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
Dr. Pepper
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1225 on: October 21, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1226 on: October 21, 2009, 06:30:02 PM »
Rain.

so are you super excited for Ninja Assasin?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1227 on: October 22, 2009, 12:42:53 AM »
a nice drive with the springer spaniel up some random mountain forest road to see if I can get up above the cloud ceiling. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #1228 on: October 22, 2009, 02:39:19 AM »
Dr. Pepper
Such a good doctor.
You know the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away? What if they made Dr.Pepper with apple flavor? That would make people's head explode! It's the very definition of a paradox - it seems contradictory and yet makes so much sense. It might disrupt the time space continuum though.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1229 on: October 22, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
Dr. Pepper
Such a good doctor.
You know the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away? What if they made Dr.Pepper with apple flavor? That would make people's head explode! It's the very definition of a paradox - it seems contradictory and yet makes so much sense. It might disrupt the time space continuum though.
I like how you think!

(reminded me of this...

love