Author Topic: I love...  (Read 284696 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: I love...
« Reply #1530 on: December 29, 2009, 10:31:23 PM »
....that I made it to Florida! YAY!

It's so nice here. I plan to eat my weight in key lime pie over the next 10 days.

Where in FL are you based?  Traveling around the state?
Texan Down Under

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1531 on: December 29, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »
... the feeling you get when Adam or Matty reads your words on the air.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1532 on: December 29, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »

And knowing that they get 100s of emails each week and that yours was chosen to read is the best part of hearing your words on air.
Texan Down Under

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #1533 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »

And knowing that they get 100s of emails each week and that yours was chosen to read is the best part of hearing your words on air.

It always felt special, but somehow I had always figured they only get a few emails each week. When I finally learned how big the listenership actually is I was astonished and took even more pride in my emails being read. I need to write in more often.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1534 on: December 29, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »

It always felt special, but somehow I had always figured they only get a few emails each week. When I finally learned how big the listenership actually is I was astonished and took even more pride in my emails being read. I need to write in more often.

I always assumed the opposite. There are so many people writing in every week, they have no reason to read mine on the air. So I have only written in once. (Telling Adam to watch Dear Zachary after it wasn't on the tearjerkers list.) It was surreal to hear my ex-boyfriend's e-mail read, and I love having my donations read, so I imagine I would pass out if they read something I said about a movie.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1535 on: December 29, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »
So far, I'm five for five. However, I haven't written in for months... maybe I'm afraid of ruining that perfect record?  ??? :P

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #1536 on: December 29, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »

I always assumed the opposite. There are so many people writing in every week, they have no reason to read mine on the air. So I have only written in once. (Telling Adam to watch Dear Zachary after it wasn't on the tearjerkers list.) It was surreal to hear my ex-boyfriend's e-mail read, and I love having my donations read, so I imagine I would pass out if they read something I said about a movie.

I think the reason I figured their audience must be very small was because I couldn't believe they would choose my emails out of all the ones they must receive, so the must simply not have had many options. I think at this point it's a case where because Adam knows my name and has actually met me a couple times he might be more likely to read my emails. I guess it was easier to get recognized back in the early days of Cinecast too.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1537 on: December 30, 2009, 12:37:04 AM »
I'm like the only guy on the planet who enjoyed Rocknrolla, and that includes Guy Ritchie.

well... it was better than Revolver

I'll stick up for Revolver. Thoroughly enjoyable :)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1538 on: December 30, 2009, 12:44:43 AM »
I work in Hollywood.  I get invited to special screenings.  I meet celebrities all the time, and I just see them as people.  They rarely impress me.
However, I really hope to meet Adam some day and have him go, "Oh yeah, 1SO.  I remember when you were 1 Strong Opinion. I like what your write.  Good stuff."
I feel about this moment the way most people feel about meeting Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1539 on: December 30, 2009, 05:25:36 AM »
...12 1/2 hour drives.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

love