love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions  (Read 209653 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #2270 on: October 05, 2022, 01:52:10 AM »
I've stumped for the first Jurassic World numerous times, but I'm not going to compare it to the first Park, which is a bonafide Spielberg classic, with problems that bother absolutely no one because it's the one film that captures the majesty, the magic and the menace of dinosaurs coming into our time.

The Lost World, however, is one of Spielberg's worst. It's good for a couple of minutes in the middle and about five minutes at the end. It also has scenes as boring as the dullest parts of World, and some of the silliest scenes of the entire franchise, like the gymnastics scene. Still not the silliest scene, because that goes to this moment in JP3, which is about all I remember from the film aside from the Pterodactyls, which was cool but done even better in Jurassic World and with the Quetzalcoatlus in Dominion.

It's when you include the sequels, as bad as World 2&3 are, they're more entertaining and rewatchable than Park 2&3

1. Park 1
2. World 1
3. World 3
4. World 2
5. Park 3
6. Park 2

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2271 on: October 05, 2022, 06:17:39 AM »
My argument would be that the greatness of JP in comparison to JW makes up for any deficits in JP2-3 vs JW2-3, though I’m not sold on Lost World being worse than JW2, and simply don’t remember JP3.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2272 on: October 05, 2022, 08:36:49 AM »
the first Park, which is a bonafide Spielberg classic, with problems that bother absolutely no one

ahem

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2273 on: October 05, 2022, 09:41:04 AM »
I have not seen World 3 but have yet to hear anything positive.  But I will as it has become a morbid curiosity.  Just seems like what ever side Park 1 on is like having the Hulk on your team comparatively to the rest.  But I like your defence. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman