Author Topic: Pixar Appreciation Thread  (Read 59439 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Re: Pixar Appreciation Thread
« Reply #400 on: June 18, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
Ah, now I remember your long struggle with it. I don't think I've ever seen someone so desperate to like a movie.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
Doing this I've come to appreciate Inside Out...

Wow I'm so glad you pointed back to that thread.  I just caught up on your scene-by-scene review of The Incredibles.  Really great job on that! You touched on just about all the reasons I love that film.  I'm looking forward to reading your reviews on the rest of the films as well.  I'll resist the temptation to react to specifics :)

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

matbezlima

« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2018, 07:16:17 PM »
Hopefully, this also means less Pixar sequels. In matter of sequels, I would only gladly embrace a third Incredibles movie (but only if it is soon), but definitely no other Pixar movie asks for even a single sequel. Same for Disney movies either, tough I think that Wreck-It Ralph's sequel could be the Emoji movie done right, despite the trailers showing no plot and only merchandise. Even if Wreck-It Ralph 2 is not good, Disney Animation Studios is simply too talented and too smart to even come close to the level of the Emoji Movie, tough this does not really mean that much.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Incredibles-3-44957022

After Pixar changed the release date of Incredibles 2, Bird had to scrap some of his original ideas for the movie, comparing the process to a scene from I Love Lucy.

"It's like the episode of I Love Lucy when she's got the candies piling up on the conveyor belt," Bird said. "This film was like that. They took a year off our schedule, so if an idea didn't work quickly, you had to just kill the darling and move onto the next. And I killed like a city full of darlings."

He had separate plans for the movie's characters which had to be abandoned, including a completely different idea for a villain. The character "Screenslaver" was actually introduced late into the process, due to the film's shifted timeline. But while these "really good" characters and storyboards didn't make it into the sequel, Bird hasn't lost hope for them.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »
After Pixar changed the release date of Incredibles 2, Bird had to scrap some of his original ideas for the movie, comparing the process to a scene from I Love Lucy.

He had separate plans for the movie's characters which had to be abandoned, including a completely different idea for a villain.
This makes sense because during production I was working with an actor who was voicing a bad guy that's not in the final film. He mentioned a jail break of super-powered bad guys and the main villain was supposed to come from there.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
Maybe in The Incredibles 3.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2018, 03:45:23 AM »
If they don't bungle it with I3, Pixar will have achieved two entirely good trilogies*, something not many studios can boast about.

(*It is my understanding I2 is good, it hasn't been released here yet.)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
If they don't bungle it with I3, Pixar will have achieved two entirely good trilogies*, something not many studios can boast about.

(*It is my understanding I2 is good, it hasn't been released here yet.)

I feel like the first Cars keeps it from me calling it a good trilogy.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
Also Cars 2 and Cars 3.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »

love