Author Topic: Downloading Past Episodes  (Read 18780 times)

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
Downloading Past Episodes
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »
Instructions for downloading old shows can be found in the Contact section of the Filmspotting website.

Downloading past episodes:

1. Go to Reviews or Top 5 page
2. Right click on the show link
3. Save file to your computer
4. Open iTunes -- Library -- Add file to Library
5. Add the mp3 file... Sync your iPod!

An explanation of Sound Clips used on the show (Intro/Close, Massacre Theatre, and Theme Music) can also be found on the Contact page.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:51:37 PM by winrit »
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Wowser

• Elite Member
Re: Downloading Past Episodes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:51:24 AM »
"Other MP3 players are available."

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:38 AM »
"Other MP3 players are available."

I think you're "taking the Mick", Wowser, but for those who don't know, here's how:

Steps 1,2,3 are the same for all players.

4. Connect your mp3 player to your computer. Point to it.
5. Copy the file across to it.

The only difference is where the file is saved on your computer.  Without iTunes you have a different location file.
Texan Down Under

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
Thanks, Saltine. My own MP3 player is one of those made by a 'fruit' certain company Forest Gump once bought shares in, though (such is their repressive hold over Mac users).

Re iTunes: is there anyway I can get past Filmspotting (or even Cinecast episodes) to show up under the 'podcast' bit in the sidebar, or is that reserved purely for files which have been downloaded through the RSS thing?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
Someone else may have a solution for that.  I have made a playlist called Filmspotting and I put all the old shows in that list.  Other than that, I don't know how to get around it.
Texan Down Under

CaptainBeefHeart

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
For some reason,this did not work for me.  I tried to save it in several different places, but when I open up iTunes, and try to add the file to my library nothing happens.  Maybe the file is there somewhere in iTunes, but I don't know where. 

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »
For some reason,this did not work for me.  I tried to save it in several different places, but when I open up iTunes, and try to add the file to my library nothing happens.  Maybe the file is there somewhere in iTunes, but I don't know where. 

When you add them to iTunes manually like that (not through a feed) they won't show up in the podcasts section, they'll be mixed in with your music library. Maybe try using iTunes search to filter for "filmspotting"?

AcademiaNut

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
Just FYI, You can also select a file or group of files once it's in iTunes, right-click to "Get Info", then the "Options" tab, "Remember Playback Position." This enables the bookmarking feature so you can stop the file and resume later. This works in iTunes and once you sync to the ipod.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:27:46 PM by AcademiaNut »

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 01:29:52 PM »
That's actually really handy, AcademiaNut. Thanks!

AcademiaNut

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »
My pleasure. This feature is enabled automatically for all podcasts via feeds, but manual importing requires this trick.

love