To Whom It May Concern,
My life away from the computer must take a greater importance. And so it has reached that point where the Boards have served their purpose and I am now planning an exit strategy.
I will continue to watch movies, only not at such an intense rate, and I no longer see the need to share my thoughts (or update my Director ranked lists) on almost everything I watch. If there is something I really want to talk about, I will probably still post. We shall see.
As for my unfinished projects...
* Noir-vember is over for me. I will continue to update the index and I may still watch some more Noir, but I won't write about each one like I'm in a competition.
* I do not plan to participate in DOC-ember. I very much want to watch Amy and Cobain: Montage of Heck, but I wouldn't count on my writing about them.
* I will not be starting a thread for Once Upon a March in the West, Music of May, Noir-vember or my other monthly projects next year. If someone else keeps them going, I may participate, but it is uncertain.
* By next Shocktober we will know if all of this is bunk. I hope by then to be away from this as well. We shall see.
* I will still participate in the Top 100 Club at least up until the completion of Round 2. The 7 names remaining watched 1-2 titles of mine and I will return in kind. Next on my list for Bondo is White God, which I will probably watch but I wouldn't expect a write-up.
* Most important to me is the Director Ratings Project. I will see this through, though I'm now aiming to conclude collecting data by mid-December. I will then build lists and share them in my available spare time.
I am not being chased off the boards by any of you. I enjoy my time here greatly, but in the desire to create content I have pushed off career goals and pressing deadlines. I don't think it will be possible to walk away completely, but I need to stop trying to be a project manager and simply be an observer. I must put my creative energy into achieving what I hope will be a more substantial, long-term happiness.