love

Author Topic: An Open Letter to ...  (Read 159711 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: An Open Letter to ...
« Reply #850 on: October 26, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »
Dear dogs:

I appreciate the stellar service you do in barking to warn us of, and chase away, the following dangerous things:

--the mailtruck
--the UPS truck
--the lady from around the corner walking her Pekinese
--random leaves
--squirrels
--the cat who sits on the porch to taunt you

However, I note that all four of you failed to take note of or bark at the person who entered my vehicle in the wee hours of Sunday morning and made off with my car radio.  Tyler, you are 14, blind and possibly going deaf, and sleeping in a room toward the back of the house.  You are excused.

Sugar and Joey, you are partially excused since you were also in a back bedroom.  Though that doesn't seem to stop you from hearing everything from the above list except for the cat.

Kingsley, I'm very very disappointed.  You were in the living room.  You have created a hole in the dining room blinds exactly the size of your head specifically so you check on comings and goings in our driveway.  Yet you apparently slept through the entire incident.

I'm putting my foot down now.  The next time you destroy the sofa, we aren't going to get you a new one.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #851 on: October 26, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »
I love this.

Our dogs are on their 3rd sofa.
Hey, nice marmot!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #852 on: October 26, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
dear Mononoke FLYmeatwad,

Stop hanging yourself up on this. Get over yourself. You're obsessing. It's not good for you.

Looking out for you,

Mononoke FLYmeatwad

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #853 on: October 27, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »
Kingsley, I'm very very disappointed.  You were in the living room.  You have created a hole in the dining room blinds exactly the size of your head specifically so you check on comings and goings in our driveway.  Yet you apparently slept through the entire incident.

:). My dad's name is Kingsley.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
Dear fellow filmspotters,

If all goes correctly, this should be my post number 4999, which means I have been post whoring a lot today(this feels strange). I just felt like saying..thanks. You guys have always been very kind to me, helped through the tough patches of life (And at this age that's a lot of tough patches), and always made me feel at home. I'm always happy sitting here posting, it always makes my day so much better. It's so fantastic to be a part of a group of people like this who, are just awesome beyond words. Thanks guys.

Now, I'm going to take a short abscensce of the boards in order to complete my super secret yet super awesome 5000th post, so until then adieu. Dont miss me too much.

'noke.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »
Dear fellow filmspotters,

If all goes correctly, this should be my post number 4999, which means I have been post whoring a lot today(this feels strange). I just felt like saying..thanks. You guys have always been very kind to me, helped through the tough patches of life (And at this age that's a lot of tough patches), and always made me feel at home. I'm always happy sitting here posting, it always makes my day so much better. It's so fantastic to be a part of a group of people like this who, are just awesome beyond words. Thanks guys.

Now, I'm going to take a short abscensce of the boards in order to complete my super secret yet super awesome 5000th post, so until then adieu. Dont miss me too much.

'noke.

I look forward to this post immensely, so much so that it sparks this open letter.

Dear gman1050,

You're such a tease.

Out of the shadows,

acronym

flieger

« Reply #856 on: October 28, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »
Oh God, no! How long 'Noke? HOW LONG?!?!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #857 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #858 on: October 28, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »
It had better be worth the wait!
;)

enjoy offline time!!!!!
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #859 on: October 29, 2009, 12:05:14 AM »
I approve of the break concept.