Author Topic: An Open Letter to ...  (Read 159841 times)

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
Re: An Open Letter to ...
« Reply #1190 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

Adrienne

« Reply #1191 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »
"Mum" is mostly just wishful thinking on my part (also, I love that you call it the "proper" spelling - I agree - though most Americans wouldn't know what we were talking about). I should have made a point of making my kids more Anglo when they were young, I guess.

They rarely call me "mom" though - I don't like that either. It's usually "mama" - though as they get older, they'll probably switch to "mom" like most of their friends. Sigh.
My poor son, I made him call me Adrienne, because I wanted him to know I am a person as well as/not just his mother. Then when he was old enough, he just switched to mum. Also now he uses mummy if he is in a good mood and mother if I am being a pain.
But it's nice, I have lots of tapes of me reading to him when he was wee, and there's this little voice going: But Adrienne... Love it.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #1192 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »
"Mum" is mostly just wishful thinking on my part (also, I love that you call it the "proper" spelling - I agree - though most Americans wouldn't know what we were talking about). I should have made a point of making my kids more Anglo when they were young, I guess.

They rarely call me "mom" though - I don't like that either. It's usually "mama" - though as they get older, they'll probably switch to "mom" like most of their friends. Sigh.

I don't know.  My kids are 17 (almost 18  :o ), 14 and 10 and they still call us 'mommy' and 'daddy'.  I know of other kids that do the same.

I call my parents mummy and daddy. That's just their names.

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #1193 on: December 05, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
Filmspotters,

Please, please, please get in your ballots for the Top 100 Performances List. I know I have been quite the pest about this, but I just want the list to appease and incorporate everyone. I have decided Wednesday is the LAST day I will be accepting ballots. Again, please get those in.

Cheers,
GC

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1194 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »
But it's nice, I have lots of tapes of me reading to him when he was wee, and there's this little voice going: But Adrienne... Love it.
:D Awesome.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1195 on: December 14, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
Dear SNL Writers,

Having two dudes kissing, because it's kinda gay, isn't funny anymore. Actually, it probably never was. And just so we're clear, two chicks kissing also isn't funny.

Cheers,
People With An IQ Over South Carolina

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1196 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »
Dear SNL Writers,

Having two dudes kissing, because it's kinda gay, isn't funny anymore. Actually, it probably never was. And just so we're clear, two chicks kissing also isn't funny.

Cheers,

hear f-ing hear!

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #1197 on: December 14, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
Dear SNL Writers,

Cheers,

hear f-ing hear!

But having  actors playing a son licking his father's mouth and fondling his mother's breasts kind of is.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1198 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
Dear Santa,

Please bring ses anything her big heart desires - I can't think of anyone who deserves to be on your nice list more.

If not Santa, then I'll ask Jobu (and bring him rum and cigars).

Thanks,

~St_M
Hey, nice marmot!

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #1199 on: December 15, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »
Dear SNL Writers,

Cheers,

hear f-ing hear!

But having  actors playing a son licking his father's mouth and fondling his mother's breasts kind of is.

No, that isn't particularly funny either.

love