love

Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 145340 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Vacation
« Reply #400 on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
leaving for Zhengzhou in 12 hours and hopefully will not be logging in with my computer much until next week.  Maybe when I return I will get back to watching films. 

Saltine, enjoy your trip and drive back home.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #401 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »
Glacier is a pretty amazing national park.  I would try to make it there if you could.

Glacier (Canada) or Glacier (US) ?

I have been to Glacier US.  Were you talking about the Canadian park?
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #402 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Glacier is a pretty amazing national park.  I would try to make it there if you could.

Glacier (Canada) or Glacier (US) ?

I have been to Glacier US.  Were you talking about the Canadian park?

I think I am.  I want to see the big glacier.

We'll go to the US park also.  It's on the way home.
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »
Thanks to matt tmw, Clovis, sdedalus, smirnoff, w@w, and jdc, who gave us advice and info re: Vancouver BC.

We got here late yesterday and had dinner at Vij's (prawns for me, lamb for him) which was delicious.
We got an early start today and spent time at Stanley Park, then rode the water taxi to North Vancouver and had lunch at the market there (with ice cream, Canadian maple and walnut, excellent).  We drove to the top of Cypress Mountain and spent time at the outlook because the day was sunny and cloudless.  Then we went back to Stanley Park and walked the boardwalk for awhile.  We had a stroll through the city mid-afternoon.  Tonight we went to Chinatown for dinner at Phnom Penh restaurant (very nice) and walked from there through the Gastown District.  Tomorrow we leave early for Kamloops. We hope to stop at DeDutch in Burnaby on the way. 
Texan Down Under

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2011, 01:53:27 AM »
Ahh, that all sounds wonderful! Vancouver is so great.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
Good times! I hope the weather stays nice. It should be considerably warmer in Kamloops, though coming from Texas/Australia it's probably still pretty mild by your standards ;)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
Thanks to matt tmw, Clovis, sdedalus, smirnoff, w@w, and jdc, who gave us advice and info re: Vancouver BC.

Tomorrow we leave early for Kamloops. We hope to stop at DeDutch in Burnaby on the way.

Hmmm...does this mean you're heading toward Banff? (I'm going to be there next week :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:48 AM »
Happy to help and glad you had a good time.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #408 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »

Tomorrow we leave early for Kamloops. We hope to stop at DeDutch in Burnaby on the way.

Hmmm...does this mean you're heading toward Banff? (I'm going to be there next week :) )

Banff was delightful, ferris.  We had a great meal at Bison Bistro and enjoyed our night there. 
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #409 on: August 28, 2011, 11:39:17 PM »
The weather has been perfect for every day of our drive home, but as my husband says "we bring the sunshine".
Texan Down Under

love