Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 145330 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: Vacation
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
 :o

Incredible pics, Junior!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #631 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
German weather seems not to agree with me or maybe just the stress of so much flying in short time but was feeling a bit sick almost as soon as I arrived.  Just here for 1 day, now off to San Francisco  in a few hours.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #632 on: November 13, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »
Where in Germany did you go, jdc?
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #633 on: November 13, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
Where in Germany did you go, jdc?
Just frankfurt again. Germany was not the reason for the trip, just a stop over. Some time next year i will plan a  trip
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #634 on: November 30, 2012, 01:13:28 AM »
I'm heading to Gotland over the weekend. It's an immensely beautiful island outside of Sweden (and the main island close to Bergman's favorite place Fĺrö).

I'll be visiting a friend who lives in the medieval town Visby, which according to me is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, alongside with New York City, Paris and Edinburgh.

http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #635 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »
Visby is a lovely place, I enjoyed my time there walking around the town and its outer wall. Although I was there in a September so no snow on the ground, it is a lovely picture you posted. Enjoy your weekend.

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #636 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »
I've been there three times before, every time in the beginning of August, for the yearly Medieval week. But I've heard good things about Visby in September. The worst tourist crowds are gone and you have the beautiful city to yourself. Glad you enjoyed it!

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #637 on: January 28, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
Have any of you US filmspotters heard of or used Spirit Airlines?  I found it today when I was doing fare searches.  They fly an all-airbus fleet and have limited routes and times, but for the places they do fly, their fares are cheap as chips!
Texan Down Under

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #638 on: January 28, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
I have at least heard of them, just not about them. Sorry.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #639 on: March 27, 2013, 12:58:37 AM »
Finally!

Time has come to go cross the great sea once again. I'm heading to NYC this coming Friday, staying for a week. This is my second trip and since we did a lot of the "mandatory" stuff last time (Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, United Nations HQ), I feel free to do whatever comes to my mind.

Mostly I plan just to walk around and look up at the skyscrapers with a stupid happy smile on my face, occasionally taking notice of all the yellow cabs, feeling as if I'm in the middle of a movie. But if you have any special tips for me about things to do or see, please go ahead and tell me!

This is how I'll look on Friday!
 :)