love

Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 145220 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1130 on: July 09, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »
So much fun to eat at random places here in Firenze.  The gnocchi in Siena was great, the Bistecca Fiorentina was amazing here, have to do that again.  Though I think the food truck porchetta panino is my favorite so far.

Texas is home, I do miss the bbq, but always have preferred Kreuz's to Blacks in Lockhart. 

Next week Rome.  A month in Italy seems like a long time, but it's moving along.

I envy you your dining experiences in Italy.  We had a beautiful dinner in Firenze, a chicken baked in a clay oven with lots of trimmings, delicious.

Kreuz's closed on July 4th (how unpatriotic!) and we chose between Black's and Smith's.  The line was long at both joints, and they both make delicious bbq, especially when you haven't had it in 6 months!  It was a coin flip, but we were happy with our choice.

Enjoy Italy!
Texan Down Under

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1131 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »
Gnocchi in Siena! :D  "How very [Italian]."  So envious!

Have a wonderful time in Rome, Colonel!

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #1132 on: July 10, 2015, 02:45:15 AM »
So much fun to eat at random places here in Firenze.  The gnocchi in Siena was great, the Bistecca Fiorentina was amazing here, have to do that again.  Though I think the food truck porchetta panino is my favorite so far.

Texas is home, I do miss the bbq, but always have preferred Kreuz's to Blacks in Lockhart. 

Next week Rome.  A month in Italy seems like a long time, but it's moving along.

I envy you your dining experiences in Italy.  We had a beautiful dinner in Firenze, a chicken baked in a clay oven with lots of trimmings, delicious.

Kreuz's closed on July 4th (how unpatriotic!) and we chose between Black's and Smith's.  The line was long at both joints, and they both make delicious bbq, especially when you haven't had it in 6 months!  It was a coin flip, but we were happy with our choice.

Enjoy Italy!

Totally un-American!  Well, I think with any of those places you can't really go wrong.  I love Lockhart, really enjoy it there.  Hope the rest of your America trip is a good one!

Thanks Sandy! 
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1133 on: July 10, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »
I'm heading out for a few weeks to explore Tequila, goodguy and Teproc's beautiful countries. I'll be checking in on those horse races on occasion, though!

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1134 on: July 11, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
Have fun!
Texan Down Under

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1135 on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »
Booked a one week trip in Hong Kong for next month. Looking forward to a couple day trips we have planned. Plus more!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1136 on: July 11, 2015, 10:06:11 AM »
Booked a one week trip in Hong Kong for next month. Looking forward to a couple day trips we have planned. Plus more!

Enjoy, it is a great place.  There is a place called Under the Bridge Crab that makes a great crab cooked with deep fried chili and garlic on the main island if you enjoy this kind of food. 

Best part if to scoop all the deep fried garlic on top of the rice after eating all the crab...

You can walk into almost any little street side restaurant for local food without going too wrong. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1137 on: July 11, 2015, 11:05:31 AM »
Love Hong Kong.  I wish we could get back there, maybe next year.  It's an 8hr flight from Perth with no stopover and no time zone change.  That's when it's the perfect trip.  From Brisbane, not so much, but still a good trip. 

I love to go to Stanley Market on the bus.  It's a fun half-day out.  Plus sailing in the harbour at night (or really any time), I love it.  Have either of you seen the light show?  It wasn't available the last time I was there.  Wondering about your day trips ... other islands?  pink dolphins?  Are you staying on Kowloon?  I love the night market there.
Texan Down Under

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1138 on: July 11, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
Love Hong Kong.  I wish we could get back there, maybe next year.  It's an 8hr flight from Perth with no stopover and no time zone change.  That's when it's the perfect trip.  From Brisbane, not so much, but still a good trip. 

I love to go to Stanley Market on the bus.  It's a fun half-day out.  Plus sailing in the harbour at night (or really any time), I love it.  Have either of you seen the light show?  It wasn't available the last time I was there.  Wondering about your day trips ... other islands?  pink dolphins?  Are you staying on Kowloon?  I love the night market there.

Symphony of the Lights cruise? That's one we have planned already. We also have a day trips to Lantau, Macau and Ocean Park planned. Really excited about Macau. Also Disneyland. I think we're doing another one that takes us to Bubba Gump restaurant at Victoria Peak, Temple Street night markets then a nighttime cruise along the harbour.

We're staying at the Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour which is on the south side of Hong Kong Island. We've been told Kowloon is like the city so we're going to make a trip there at some point.

Enjoy, it is a great place.  There is a place called Under the Bridge Crab that makes a great crab cooked with deep fried chili and garlic on the main island if you enjoy this kind of food. 

Best part if to scoop all the deep fried garlic on top of the rice after eating all the crab...

You can walk into almost any little street side restaurant for local food without going too wrong. 

I wouldn't enjoy it but my partner would! That's what i loved about Japan. Being able to find great food anywhere.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1139 on: July 12, 2015, 09:50:37 AM »
That sounds terrific!  I've been several times, but it was too foggy each time to see the city from Vic Peak.  I still want to do that.  Have a fun trip!
Texan Down Under