Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 70699 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1590 on: July 09, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »
A quick weekend trip to the Rainforst Music Festival in Malaysia before going to US next week

https://rwmf.net/

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #1591 on: July 29, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
Heading to Cleveland and Pittsburgh at the end of the week to watch some baseball.  Any suggestions on food places in both cities?
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1592 on: July 30, 2019, 07:31:58 AM »
Primanti Brothers in Pittsburgh
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #1593 on: July 30, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »
Thanks Adam! I might just do that!
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1594 on: April 28, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
This has been the worst staycation ever...
Hey, nice marmot!

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1595 on: April 28, 2020, 09:02:04 PM »
I’ve had to scrap three vacation plans this year (only one directly because of coronavirus). At this point I’m probably just gonna do a national parks road trip of the Mountain West. Can drive it and doesn’t involve being near people.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1596 on: April 28, 2020, 09:33:35 PM »
I haven't made any plans for holiday's until I know what travel restrictions will be between countries. I would like to try to visit my folks at some point but also have to consider that carries additional risks for them as they are quite old.  But I want to visit as they are quite old.  What to do...

It is also very unlikely that I will take a single work trip this year when I normally take a couple of trips to San Diego, Japan, and Melbourne each within any year. 

“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1597 on: April 28, 2020, 10:27:27 PM »
One upside of this whole thing is I've been able to save up some PTO. Got 8 vacation days and 2 sick days (sick time is especially scarce for me since I usually have to use some whenever my kid gets sick) banked right now, and accruing one of each every month.
Switchboard
Watched 2020

Top 250  |  Great  |  Good  |  Fair  |  PoorCrap

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • These are a few of my favorite things...
« Reply #1598 on: April 29, 2020, 12:13:04 AM »
Coming up would be my two prime travel months, so nothing going this year. Next year, thinking either the Amsterdam-Berlin trip I've been putting off or the Karlovy Vary film festival and a few days in Prague. I have only left North America once - Hawaii. Yes, that counts, Hawaii is not on the N. American continent, it's not their fault a certain someone saw and conquered. But it's time to REALLY get off-continent soon. 14 years and I finally have at least somewhat enough $$$ to do so.
A desert person.

My Sight & Sound 100 Marathon

Simple Distinctions:
Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  | Bad

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1599 on: April 29, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
If anybody every passes through SG, do like me know, happy to be a guide or meet for drinks or dinner.  Saltine, still waiting for you to make it after a few chances.  But you know, when it is safe