love

Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 145202 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1610 on: April 29, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »
Singapore likely will have it under control for the general population within this month, the issue they are now having is trying to control the spread among the foreign workers which is difficult due to the conditions that they live. 97 to 99% of the new cases are all being spread through the dormitories.

Not to confuse a foreigner working in Singapore like my, but the term “Foreign worker” is government defined:

Definition of foreign worker
2.  The Minister hereby —
(a)   fixes the salary referred to in paragraph (a) of the definition of “foreign worker” in section 2 of the Act to be not more than $2,000 a month; and
(b)   specifies that for the purposes of the Act a foreign worker shall include a person who is not a citizen of Singapore who seeks employment with, or is offered employment by, or is in the employment of, an employer at a salary of more than $2,000 a month and who does not hold an employment pass issued under the Immigration Act [Cap. 133].

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1611 on: June 29, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »
Over a year has gone by and nobody has taken a vacation… It is difficult here as you really have to leave the country for a real vacation.  That said.. I have the next week off without a need to check in for work.  In order to get a chance of scenery, I am going to go stay in the spare room of a friend that lives in a nice condo with full facilities (pool, gym, tennis courts) that is near the town area and on the main riverside.  Just a different atmosphere from where I live, I can walk to the yoga studio each day and walk my dog in the morning to dog friendly coffee shop, sit by the pool and read in the day…

I’ve haven’t taken a day off since last year and only used 3 half days in order to do lunch meetups with friends so in need of a break
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1612 on: June 30, 2021, 02:03:29 AM »
They say a change is as good as a holiday. You get to test that out.

We have a holiday planned for January, going to Tassie. Just hoping the borders will not be closed.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1613 on: June 30, 2021, 02:16:21 AM »
I want to explore Tassie as well sometime.  I’ve tried some nice wines from there but can be hard to come by

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1614 on: June 30, 2021, 06:43:35 AM »
I have been a couple of times before, but only seen a small part of Tassie. Not sure about there wines as I do not drink them, but there is some nice gin and whiskey from there.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1615 on: December 22, 2021, 09:36:14 PM »
Didn’t manage any vacation this year given there wasn’t anywhere to travel to.  A couple of friends are taking a short trip to Cambodia over Xmas but I declined as many of the flight protocols keep changing without notice.  Next July will be US for a nephew’s wedding and going to try to spend a couple of weeks to catchup with friends I haven’t seen in years…

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1616 on: February 02, 2022, 01:20:45 PM »
A couple of friends are taking a short trip to Cambodia over Xmas but I declined as many of the flight protocols keep changing without notice. 
Where would you've gone in Cambodia?

I tried to make the best of the travelling restrictions last year and wound up going on a chill cycling trip to Sicily. September had the perfect weather for some exercise and was also off-season enough to avoid crowds, even if taking a bike on a plane is a bit of a hassle.
Really enjoyed it, might do something similar on the mainland coasts this year.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:27:43 PM by Tequila »
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1617 on: February 02, 2022, 06:51:02 PM »
A couple of friends are taking a short trip to Cambodia over Xmas but I declined as many of the flight protocols keep changing without notice. 
Where would you've gone in Cambodia?

I tried to make the best of the travelling restrictions last year and wound up going on a chill cycling trip to Sicily. September had the perfect weather for some exercise and was also off-season enough to avoid crowds, even if taking a bike on a plane is a bit of a hassle.
Really enjoyed it, might do something similar on the mainland coasts this year.

I have been to Siem Reap before, this trip was Phnom Penh as we have a friend that splits time between there and Singapore and knows the city well.

love