love

Author Topic: Compliment Another Filmspotter  (Read 272558 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Compliment Another Filmspotter
« Reply #750 on: December 08, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »
Big C, this is not a direct compliment for you, but they just talked great things about Connor Barwin on First Take. Said he could be a huge compliment for Mario Williams if he keeps developing like he has in the past few weeks. Go Bearcats!

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #751 on: December 08, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
Homophones!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »
Big C, this is not a direct compliment for you, but they just talked great things about Connor Barwin on First Take. Said he could be a huge compliment for Mario Williams if he keeps developing like he has in the past few weeks. Go Bearcats!

He has raw talent. He was a tight end at UC until his senior year when they changed him over to DE. If his talent is developed he could be great I think.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #753 on: December 08, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
Can you give more thoughts then that? Please?

The characters annoyed me more than intrigued me. Their meekness was damned frustrating and not compelling enough to sustain my interest. From start to finish I felt like the story had hardly developed at all, and the tension was minimal at best.

Fair enough if you didnt like it but they are suppose to be meek, that is their culture.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #754 on: December 08, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »

The characters annoyed me more than intrigued me. Their meekness was damned frustrating and not compelling enough to sustain my interest. From start to finish I felt like the story had hardly developed at all, and the tension was minimal at best.

Fair enough if you didnt like it but they are suppose to be meek, that is their culture.

It didn't bug me because it was truthful, it bugged me because the truth was boring.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #755 on: December 08, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »

It didn't bug me because it was truthful, it bugged me because the truth was boring.

That's the thing.  Although almost nothing happened, I found it to be a very intense movie experience, not boring at all.  Yi Yi, however, although there's a lot going on, I found myself uninterested in any of it.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #756 on: December 08, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »

That's the thing.  Although almost nothing happened, I found it to be a very intense movie experience, not boring at all.

Were you able to really involve yourself with the characters? This is where I think I got lost. To me they weren't particularly likable and their situation wasn't one I could empathize with... so I struggled to connect.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #757 on: December 08, 2009, 01:03:52 PM »

That's the thing.  Although almost nothing happened, I found it to be a very intense movie experience, not boring at all.

Were you able to really involve yourself with the characters? This is where I think I got lost. To me they weren't particularly likable and their situation wasn't one I could empathize with... so I struggled to connect.

It's so funny, because connecting with them was natural for me.  It's strange how a film can be such a different experience to different people.  Honestly, if I didn't connect with the main characters, I would think it was the dullest film ever.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome

love