love

Author Topic: Compliment Another Filmspotter  (Read 272523 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Compliment Another Filmspotter
« Reply #990 on: January 11, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
Colleen has keen instincts. All part of being sergeant I suppose.

Heh.  More like being the oldest of 7, with 4 younger brothers who all could have given jokernick and his son a run for their money at some point.

The oldest of my younger brothers, who couldn't STAND being the only boy with 3 older sisters (which he was for 7 years) now has 3 daughters of his own, all of whom are the girliest of girly girls.  He is doomed to live in a house full of pink, purple, princess crowns and glitter for years to come...

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #991 on: January 11, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »

Heh.  More like being the oldest of 7, with 4 younger brothers who all could have given jokernick and his son a run for their money at some point.

The oldest of my younger brothers, who couldn't STAND being the only boy with 3 older sisters (which he was for 7 years) now has 3 daughters of his own, all of whom are the girliest of girly girls.  He is doomed to live in a house full of pink, purple, princess crowns and glitter for years to come...

That's great :D And wow, 7 kids. Full house. Do you all live in the same area still or keep in touch?

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #992 on: January 11, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »

That's great :D And wow, 7 kids. Full house. Do you all live in the same area still or keep in touch?

We're all still in touch.  The second oldest (sister) and the oldest boy (the one with the 3 daughters) have taken over my dad's insurance business, and two of my other brothers work there now.  Not sure if they'll stay with it or move on to other things.  They are all in NJ within about 5 miles of my parents.  The other sister is married in Baltimore and the other brother is a representative for a beer company in St. Thomas (he has a tendency to just fall into dream jobs others would sell a limb for--before that he was a concierge for the Ritz Carlton in St Thomas).  And then there's me in Atlanta.  I love them all but family dynamics can get weird when we are all close together so it's all good.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #993 on: January 12, 2010, 03:16:14 AM »
I love them all but family dynamics can get weird when we are all close together so it's all good.

Yes I agree!  Distance makes family very tolerable.  I highly recommend it!
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
I would like to compliment FLY and being much more agreeable in his opinions this year.

On Black Dynamite...
Really funny, but my favorite part was how, even down to the camerawork, it felt so much like a Blaxploitation film, something missing from many modern spoofs. I mean I've only seen Superfly and a few clips of other films, but the aesthetic is definitely there. Took a while for me to get in to the film, but boy did it end great.

And this isn't the first time I've noticed.  His viewpoint can still be stronger than they need to be, but he's really made some progress this month.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
I would like to compliment FLY and being much more agreeable in his opinions this year.

On Black Dynamite...
Really funny, but my favorite part was how, even down to the camerawork, it felt so much like a Blaxploitation film, something missing from many modern spoofs. I mean I've only seen Superfly and a few clips of other films, but the aesthetic is definitely there. Took a while for me to get in to the film, but boy did it end great.

And this isn't the first time I've noticed.  His viewpoint can still be stronger than they need to be, but he's really made some progress this month.

I've always appreciated FLY and his opinions for the time I've been on the forum.  While I don't always agree with him, it's always good to hear his perspective.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
Thank you, I've made a conscious effort to be much more blunt.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »
Three excellent marathons that deserve accolades:

Bronze: Corndog's Less Pretentious Disney Marthaton
Silver: Smirnoff's 80's Dance Marathon

And for simple grit, determination and for long reviews of excellent films:

Gold: ferris' Goose Egg Marathon
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »

:D

You the man, Big C!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »

:D

You the man, Big C!

I better check that, but I thought it was Prestigious, but maybe you are trying to say something you crafty fella, steve.

But thanks nonetheless!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

love