Author Topic: Compliment Another Filmspotter  (Read 272719 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: Compliment Another Filmspotter
« Reply #2120 on: August 04, 2020, 12:44:30 AM »
ALSO: FLY for FLYdays and looking past my slights at his man James Harden. The Beard better get at least one, though.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #2121 on: August 04, 2020, 01:02:38 PM »
Can I get some love to col_mx. I suspect that this is the guy you just party with, like I get down to that SXSW, it's going to be on. He's going to help me talk Texan with the Texan women and everything will be beautiful. No but for real, I like when he challenges me, just like Junior, on the statements I'm making about film as my views as a film enthusiast continue to evolve. Col_mx is THAT guy, ya'll.

Ah, thanks ET, i appreciate that and i too enjoyed a spirited discussion and debate. I definitely enjoy going out, though I do not drink, but that does not mean I stay in. Yeah SXSW would be really awesome hopefully we can pull something off once everything settles down. Also, you have try some of the Tex-Mex down here, while I'm sure AZ has some great food Austin is just a bit different, or weird as we say down here. Thanks for being such a bright ball of energy around here, although we disagree on some things I do really appreciate the different perspective to help me examine issues in a different light.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2122 on: August 04, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »
ALSO: FLY for FLYdays and looking past my slights at his man James Harden. The Beard better get at least one, though.

We can only hope, since I don't follow MLB very much or MLS basically at all it has been a long drought for titles in Houston. Also not sure if people even consider the Astros's recent successes valid anymore regardless.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2123 on: August 05, 2020, 12:06:31 AM »

We can only hope, since I don't follow MLB very much or MLS basically at all it has been a long drought for titles in Houston. Also not sure if people even consider the Astros's recent successes valid anymore regardless.

THAT is a tough one, because of how blatant it was. That's some scratched from the records type shit. Have the Dynamo ever won one? (Just looked.) They won back to back in the day!

Do you miss the days of the Oilers? I know that's basically a pro-climate change type of nickname, but it was very original. And Warren Moon was THAT GUY for a while. If the Cards get one in the next three years, I'm going to going parlay in Houston so I can thank them for helping us get our first.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2124 on: August 05, 2020, 07:31:07 AM »
I wasn't in to NFL enough when the Oilers were still a team, but did like them and especially liked their jerseys. Do not like the Titans now though because they are in division. Interested to see how this season plays out. WRs typically have trouble moving from one team to another the first season in general, and I don't think Hopkins will see nearly the same volume/target share that he got in Houston, but, presumably, his supporting cast is better, which should open things up for him even without seeing the same percentage of balls thrown in his direction.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2125 on: September 09, 2020, 05:51:40 AM »
I’m terrible at film reviews. I only watch films on a surface level and even then I can’t even translate that to a full written paragraph. I’ve typed out sentences and deleted them more often then when I post.

But I always remember a post here from years ago from a teacher who said she always asks her students “what did they notice?”. I always thought that was such a good opener for us who suck at film reviews. It’s a really easy way to get started. I’ve always appreciated that. I’m pretty sure it was Sandy but i could be wrong.  :)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #2126 on: September 10, 2020, 11:24:58 PM »
I’m terrible at film reviews. I only watch films on a surface level and even then I can’t even translate that to a full written paragraph. I’ve typed out sentences and deleted them more often then when I post.

But I always remember a post here from years ago from a teacher who said she always asks her students “what did they notice?”. I always thought that was such a good opener for us who suck at film reviews. It’s a really easy way to get started. I’ve always appreciated that. I’m pretty sure it was Sandy but i could be wrong.  :)

I wish I could take credit for that, because it's great advice. I think it was probably OAD, since she's a literature professor. :)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2127 on: September 11, 2020, 12:12:17 PM »
I agree, that was probably One April Day.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2128 on: September 11, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »
She was my second choice actually. I was close! ;D

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2129 on: September 11, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »
OAD is great. Had the good fortune of meeting her in person.

love