Author Topic: #218: Hellboy / Rififi / Top 5 Creatures  (Read 4241 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Re: #218: Hellboy / Rififi / Top 5 Creatures
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
Was intending to see Hellboy 2 anyway based on the first one, which I rented thanks to either the podcast or this board.  I think the guys' favorable review yesterday pushed me to see it.

I spent fourty-five minutes in the blistering Texas heat waiting to buy an iPhone 3G for Jerry.  After sweating off a couple of pounds, all I wanted to do was sit in a cool theater.  Ironically, given Hellboy 2's titular temperature, it was perfect for that.

I thought this second one was better than the first, but that may have to do with seeing it at the theater versus at home.  For some reason, I take a movie more seriously in the theater.  It's so easy to scoff at the silliness in a movie at home, where it's easier to get caught up in a movie in the theater.

Think_Long

Re: #218: Hellboy / Rififi / Top 5 Creatures
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
I thought this second one was better than the first, but that may have to do with seeing it at the theater versus at home.  For some reason, I take a movie more seriously in the theater.  It's so easy to scoff at the silliness in a movie at home, where it's easier to get caught up in a movie in the theater.

especially after you pay 10 bucks to see it.

i have yet to convince my friends to splurge to see this one, we're all saving up for dark knight.  curse this poor student lifestyle!