Poll

There can be only one:

Back to the Future
109 (50%)
Die Hard
109 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Author Topic: Random Movie Death Match #13 - Back to the Future vs. Die Hard  (Read 127284 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Random Movie Death Match #13 - Back to the Future vs. Die Hard
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »
DIE HARD!!

Oh, you're yelling. You must be right then. Pfff ...  ;)

I actually am not because I have never seen BTTF.

*Hides behind giant metal shield to protect himself from froham*

Don't worry. I'm sure everybody has one or more gaping holes in the somewhat established list of movies one should have watched. Part of me wishes I could watch BttF with fresh eyes but then again so much has been said and written about the BttF movies it's probably hard not to be biased already.

But no matter what has been said, it's a different experience watching it.  Just try it out, and you'll see just how enjoyable it is.

And then come back and vote for BttF.

Hey. I agree!

Thanks, FroHam-- you're a good sport! And Back to the Future is the most entertaining film of all time.

No problem!
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2009, 01:48:53 AM »
Don't worry. I'm sure everybody has one or more gaping holes

Too easy.

edit: Haha, or not.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2009, 01:50:10 AM »

Too easy.

pixote

Too slow.

_keith_

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »
Nah, I got my edit in in the allotted time!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2009, 02:37:27 AM »

Too easy.

edit: Haha, or not.

pixote

Oh come on, grow up! <reads his own post again> Alright, that was a poor choice of words. <giggles>
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »
Unfortunately, and despite what my hat and monocle might have you think, I cannot afford a DeLorean at this point in time.

Also, new people should vote for BttF. This thread is painful.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »
Agreed, newbies need to vote, it pains me to see BttF this close to Die Hard, all you newbies need to make sure Die Hard pulls away, if it's not ahead by at least 15 votes then something is wrong with the world.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »
Agreed, newbies need to vote, it pains me to see BttF this close to Die Hard, all you newbies need to make sure Die Hard pulls away, if it's not ahead by at least 15 votes then something is wrong with the world.

The truth of the matter is that they are both excellent films, and though Back to the Future is in almost every way a "better" film I totally understand somebody choosing Die Hard. Die Hard is a ton of fun, and it's probably the best action movie ever made, which must count for something. That said, I just don't even see how Die Hard is more entertaining. Back to the Future also, in my opinion, has a much better variety of memorable scenes and sequences, whereas Die Hard, due to its single location and simpler plot, feels more like one long memorable sequence with all the smaller memorable moments feeling blurred together.

But that's just me.

Of course, I can't stay this reasonable for long (my mustache and monocle only go so far) and I do have to end on a more serious note: If you don't vote for Back to the Future I will personally coax Michael Bay into making three more Transformers films, each longer and more stupefying than the next. I will then get him to do remakes of Casablanca, Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Rear Window.

I do think the choice is clear.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »
Of course, I can't stay this reasonable for long (my mustache and monocle only go so far) and I do have to end on a more serious note: If you don't vote for Back to the Future I will personally coax Michael Bay into making three more Transformers films, each longer and more stupefying than the next. I will then get him to do remakes of Casablanca, Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Rear Window.

I do think the choice is clear.

This threat means nothing to me. First, there's always the chance that Bay will make another The Rock, second, if I can live with someone completely murderalizing a certain franchise that shall remain nameless, then I can deal with any of that. Also, I watched Buckaroo Banzai and Daywatch, I don't see any of your films suddenly killing me after making it through such atrocities.

I wish to live in a world where BttF and Die Hard are both viewed as great movies, but Die Hard is rightly viewed as a near masterpiece and far superior to BttF, I will not rest while you are about subverting my dream.

love