love

Author Topic: TV Buzz  (Read 96508 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: TV Buzz
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:37 PM »
It's a shame that this move will likely push out Carson Daly.  He was really starting to come into his own.
;D
I didn't even know he was still on.

I've actually watched it a few times in the last few months because of a few musical guests of interest.  Poor guy has no studio and does all these weird location interviews.  He might be the absolute blandest person on television.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
This is so much less interesting than the Carson/Leno/Letterman saga.  Wonder what they plan on calling the leno show?  Opening Monologue with Jay Leno?

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

I like how cnn used a picture of Leno looking his most monstrous.  I'm pretty sure he just ate John Kerry.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
This is so much less interesting than the Carson/Leno/Letterman saga. 
I'm a buff of all late night shenanigans, but yeah, nothing tops the Carson retirement debacle.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »
This is so much less interesting than the Carson/Leno/Letterman saga.  
I'm a buff of all late night shenanigans, but yeah, nothing tops the Carson retirement debacle.

If I were Conan I would have NBC guarantee me that Jay cannot have guests otherwise the best bookings would all go to Jay's show.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »
I've never seen a single second of Leno's 10pm show.  Do I turn in tonight for his bland, uninspired take on these developments?

(F—k no.)

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »
It amazes me that people watch these shows. Late night talk shows seem so 1960. I havnt seen one in more than a decade.

Although I did go see Letterman live once which was pretty fun.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2010, 05:32:34 PM »
If I were Conan I would have NBC guarantee me that Jay cannot have guests otherwise the best bookings would all go to Jay's show.
Since there is talk that Jay's show is going to only be a half hour, that setup occurred to me too.

I've never seen a single second of Leno's 10pm show.  Do I turn in tonight for his bland, uninspired take on these developments?
I saw it for the first time over the holidays while at the in-laws, they kept trying to convince me that it was good. I just felt bad for them.

It amazes me that people watch these shows. Late night talk shows seem so 1960. I havnt seen one in more than a decade.
I almost never watch them anymore either, but the fact that it's such a dated format is why I think they're so interesting; they're a holdout from another era. Before Jon Stewart I watched Dave and Conan fairly religiously, now I don't even watch The Daily Show.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »

(F—k no.)

pixote

I saw a few clips of jokes he was making last week and boy oh boy were they bitter.

I've always like Letterman but would only watch if there were a guest or band I wanted to see.  I grew up watching Conan so I have quite an attachment to him.  I've seen just about every episode of the new Tonight Show (at least the bits, I often skip the interviews).  I agree that the formula is very outdated and I'd be excited to see what he could do in a looser format.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »
I can't watch any of these shows but I even I know that Leno sucks.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

love