love

Author Topic: TV Buzz  (Read 96511 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: TV Buzz
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2010, 12:53:30 AM »
I thought Leno realized very quickly it was a bad idea. Kimmel was very direct in calling him out.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2010, 01:11:57 AM »
On a scale of respect I have for a person from 1 to 10, 10 being Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Kimmell has gone from about a 2 to at least a 6 in the past few days.

Also, I don't think Leno and Kimmell were ever really that friendly. I remember one Kimmell comment once, I'm not sure if it was in an actual interview or if it was an off-the-record statement, where he said something along the lines of Leno set comedy back decades when he got the Tonight Show gig.
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »
Also, I don't think Leno and Kimmell were ever really that friendly. I remember one Kimmell comment once, I'm not sure if it was in an actual interview or if it was an off-the-record statement, where he said something along the lines of Leno set comedy back decades when he got the Tonight Show gig.

Yeah, now that I think about it, Kimmel was a big fan of Dave growing up so it'd make sense if he wasn't fond of Leno. Carolla is the one that is actually really friendly with Jay.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2010, 04:09:12 PM »

Yeah, now that I think about it, Kimmel was a big fan of Dave growing up so it'd make sense if he wasn't fond of Leno. Carolla is the one that is actually really friendly with Jay.

but they did do the crossover thing (Jay went on Kimmel & Kimmel went on Jay) on the same night.  I figured they had at least a mutual respect thing going on... though why Leno booked him for that 10 at 10 segment after his wednesday night show is beyond me.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
I hope all you Conan fans watched last night's show and saw how awesome Hilary Hahn is.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »

but they did do the crossover thing (Jay went on Kimmel & Kimmel went on Jay) on the same night.  I figured they had at least a mutual respect thing going on... though why Leno booked him for that 10 at 10 segment after his wednesday night show is beyond me.

Turns out there's some bad blood from when Kimmel started his show.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »
Kurt Warner is going to be on Suite Life On Deck next week, so I'll be pulling harder for the Cards from here on out even though they did us a dirty one this season. Bastards. Go Bolts! Go Stars! Go Birds (of the NFC)!

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
I am SO looking forward to boardwalk empire. Scorcese, HBO and gambling. It is made for me!

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »

love