Author Topic: TV Buzz  (Read 96513 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: TV Buzz
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:25 AM »
So is this "reality block" aimed at kids? Because really, they should stick to adult swim and leave it at that.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »
So is this "reality block" aimed at kids? Because really, they should stick to adult swim and leave it at that.

I think it's going to be a mix of both. The man behind this isn't completely anti-cartoon, but he has gone on record as saying he doesn't view cartoons as the future of CN and that he hopes in the future that it will be a network devoted to more live programming as opposed to cartoons. He also wants to bring reality TV to the CN, so yeah, he is the anti-Christ.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »
Didn't they try this with Inside Jimmy's Head? That show sucked. I also don't know when the last time I watched cartoon network was, I mean I watch [as] after 12, but I have not had the real CN on for a long time, probably because they don't show enough Billy and Mandy and what they do show sucks. Plus Disney is usually always running one of the Suite Lifes, Hannah Montana, or Wizards at some point during the day and the only time I watch day time television is when I'm not at school.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:16 AM »
I don't really watch anything on CN other than adult swim but I'm very much against the idea of them showing a lot of live action stuff.  I thought it was weird they were running a movie on Sun. night, before [as]. Can't say I'm a fan.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
they still show plenty of great stuff, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Secret Saturdays are the best of the bunch, but shows like Ben 10, Billy & Mandy, the various Tom & Jerry, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter reruns that they do air are still worth watching. They also have a few new shows coming up that sound interesting, plus the usual Adult Swim coolness. I do wish they would go back to showing some more anime every once in a while, just to make sure that gets represented.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »
they still show plenty of great stuff, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Secret Saturdays are the best of the bunch, but shows like Ben 10, Billy & Mandy, the various Tom & Jerry, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter reruns that they do air are still worth watching. They also have a few new shows coming up that sound interesting, plus the usual Adult Swim coolness. I do wish they would go back to showing some more anime every once in a while, just to make sure that gets represented.

[as] doesn't mess with anime.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »

I thought Sat. night was basically dedicated to anime.  At least that's always what seems to be on whenever I check.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »

I thought Sat. night was basically dedicated to anime.  At least that's always what seems to be on whenever I check.

I haven't seen any in a bit, lately it's been movies like Kangaroo Jack and Jurassic Park.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:56 PM »

I haven't seen any in a bit, lately it's been movies like Kangaroo Jack and Jurassic Park.

There has been a breakdown here. Saturday nights, pre-[as] usually showed Naruto and stuff, though I don't watch so I don't know what CN shows during that time. On [as] Saturdays used to be anime nights, but as they began slimming their anime schedule due to poor ratings, occasionally spurred by poor time slots, the programming began to get cut. Currently, Saturdays starting at 1 and running until whenever anime is on, but leading up to that, I'm not sure if Saturday [as] starts at 10 as well, it's all comedies.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »
Is there any buzz on this Harper's Island 'mystery event' thing CBS keeps trying to sell me on?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

love