love

Author Topic: TV Buzz  (Read 96470 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: TV Buzz
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2009, 10:00:28 PM »
Don't know if this was ever posted, but I'm happy about it.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:36 AM »

And yet Pushing Daisies got cancelled. Reaper is about to be cancelled. Chuck stands a good chance of being cancelled. And Dollhouse is extremely on the bubble. There is no sanity in this world.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »

And yet Pushing Daisies got cancelled. Reaper is about to be cancelled. Chuck stands a good chance of being cancelled. And Dollhouse is extremely on the bubble. There is no sanity in this world.

Well, to be fair no matter how good it was, PD never got good enough ratings to be kept on the air. I don't watch Reaper, Chuck getting canceled would be a crime, but Dollhouse hasn't been anything but mediocre, it's cancellation wouldn't be any big loss.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »
We're not addressing the elephant in the room. The Suite Life On Deck absolutely kicks ass.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »
Dollhouse hasn't been anything but mediocre, it's cancellation wouldn't be any big loss.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »
Dollhouse hasn't been anything but mediocre, it's cancellation wouldn't be any big loss.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Dollhouse has been getting better and better, and even though it ain't no Buffy, I still think given the time it could develop into something really special just like Buffy did.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Dollhouse has been getting better and better, and even though it ain't no Buffy, I still think given the time it could develop into something really special just like Buffy did.

So far I've seen one episode of Dollhouse I would label as being above mediocre, otherwise it's still a mediocre show that is being sabotaged not by what I thought would be its problems, the acting, but by what I thought would be its strengths, Joss' ability to tell good stories.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

So far I've seen one episode of Dollhouse I would label as being above mediocre, otherwise it's still a mediocre show that is being sabotaged not by what I thought would be its problems, the acting, but by what I thought would be its strengths, Joss' ability to tell good stories.

Yeah, and every episode of the first season of Buffy was amazing. Or, in reality, they were also mediocre. But then the last episode was awesome. I really don't get why you would advocate the cancellation of something that so many enjoy and even yourself can see the potential of. What if Buffy got canceled after the first season?
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
Well, to be fair no matter how good it was, PD never got good enough ratings to be kept on the air. ... Dollhouse hasn't been anything but mediocre, it's cancellation wouldn't be any big loss.

Couple things. First of all, Pushing Daisies got great ratings during its first season- it was a breakout hit. The writers' strike is what derailed the ratings. Second, Dollhouse started poorly, but has improved week to week. Buffy was, as Junior said, mediocre (at best, imho) in its first season. Definitely nothing much to write home about. This may be blasphemous to some, but I think, should Dollhouse continue to improve in the same manner, its first season could surpass Buffy's. Don't forget- Buffy season 1 gave us an internet demon, preying mantis lady, hyena possession, and several other memorably bad standalone (ish) episodes. While I look back on those episodes now and really enjoy them, that's only because I can see where the characters came from and where they eventually grew to. Whether or not it gets it, Dollhouse could grow exponentially, dramatically, in its second season, just like Buffy did.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
Well, to be fair no matter how good it was, PD never got good enough ratings to be kept on the air. ... Dollhouse hasn't been anything but mediocre, it's cancellation wouldn't be any big loss.

Couple things. First of all, Pushing Daisies got great ratings during its first season- it was a breakout hit. The writers' strike is what derailed the ratings. Second, Dollhouse started poorly, but has improved week to week. Buffy was, as Junior said, mediocre (at best, imho) in its first season. Definitely nothing much to write home about. This may be blasphemous to some, but I think, should Dollhouse continue to improve in the same manner, its first season could surpass Buffy's. Don't forget- Buffy season 1 gave us an internet demon, preying mantis lady, hyena possession, and several other memorably bad standalone (ish) episodes. While I look back on those episodes now and really enjoy them, that's only because I can see where the characters came from and where they eventually grew to. Whether or not it gets it, Dollhouse could grow exponentially, dramatically, in its second season, just like Buffy did.

In what universe did Pushing Daisies ever get more than merely acceptable ratings? The only episode I could think might have gotten great ratings was the pilot, and even then I don't think it did.

love