love

Author Topic: TV Buzz  (Read 96504 times)

michael x

• Elite Member
Re: TV Buzz
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Caught the second half of the new Boondocks. Werner Herzog makes an appearance. :D

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »
Quote from: [url=http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/13/nbc-cancels-law-order/]EW[/url]
Now this is what I call a Law & Order twist: NBC is declining to comment on a Deadline  report claiming the network has opted to not to renew the long-running procedural for what would have been a record-breaking 21st season. If true, it means Dick Wolf will have to settle for simply tying Gunsmoke‘s record as TV’s longest-running drama series. “It’s a fluid situation,” says a source close to the talks. “It’s not a done deal. It’s possible this is just a negotiations tactic.” I’m told the L&O drama is not expected to have an impact on the expected renewal of Law & Order: SVU and imminent pickup of new spinoff Law & Order: Los Angeles.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »

First production still from AMC's Walking Dead. Looks cool.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Abomination

• Elite Member
« Reply #413 on: June 11, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »
If that show is half as good as the comic it's going to be great.  Cannot wait!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #414 on: June 13, 2010, 11:14:36 PM »
So Fox is putting a whole lotta weight behind Kilborn's new show...

"The Kilborn File"

Produced by Twentieth Television, half-hour "The Kilborn File" will have a six-week run on Fox Television Station O&Os in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Boston, Phoenix, Detroit and Austin, Texas, beginning June 28. Depending upon the city, show will air at 6:30, 7 or 7:30 p.m. and replace the current syndie sitcom airing at that timeslot.

Kilborn was host on CBS' "The Late Late Show" for five years and was often talked about as a possible latenight fixture but left the Eye in 2004. He has been off the air since. Before hosting "The Daily Show," Kilborn was a popular anchor on ESPN's signature show "SportsCenter."

In "The Kilborn Files" the host will offer opinions on pop culture and current events. He'll also have guests and a "power panel" that will weigh in on issues of the day.

While Twentieth wasn't specifically looking for a show that offered a humorous take on current events, Kilborn pitched the yakker and found the studio very interested.

"From a conceptual standpoint, this is his baby," Frank Cicha, senior VP of programming for Fox Television Stations, told Daily Variety . "He delivered on every comic concept he described to us. It's very well thought out. Comedy is hard, and doing it five days a week is near impossible, but enough was delivered. You knew there was something there."

Cicha also said the comparisons to "The Daily Show" may be premature. And, with "The Daily Show" on basic cable, Stewart and his team have more leeway in terms of language and content than Kilborn would have on Fox's O&Os.

"I'm not sure it'll be as political as that," he said. "I don't see it going in that direction. It might be less politics and more pop culture."

Show, produced by Lon Rosen, will tape in Los Angeles before a live audience.

is this their first tepid step toward late night?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:17:33 PM by ¡Keith! »

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »
Just found out today that NBC decided not to pick up The Strip, the comedy being written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant with Dave Holmes in the lead role. They did shoot a pilot and it has been universally praised online, but for whatever reason NBC decided not to pick up the series.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »
Just found out today that NBC decided not to pick up The Strip, the comedy being written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant with Dave Holmes in the lead role. They did shoot a pilot and it has been universally praised online, but for whatever reason NBC decided not to pick up the series.

It's like NBC is actively trying to sabotage themselves. They finally get a solid Thurs. night comedy lineup going and then replace the best of the bunch with a show that appears to be total garbage. Lennon and Garant have proven their talent repeatedly (and even if the big budget stuff isn't good, it's financially successful) so hopefully they'll get something else somewhere soon.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

It's like NBC is actively trying to sabotage themselves. They finally get a solid Thurs. night comedy lineup going and then replace the best of the bunch with a show that appears to be total garbage. Lennon and Garant have proven their talent repeatedly (and even if the big budget stuff isn't good, it's financially successful) so hopefully they'll get something else somewhere soon.

:( :( >:( :( :'(

Why.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2010, 03:14:17 AM »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2010, 08:34:12 AM »
 :D Haven't seen Family Guy since it was canceled.

I missed the first two, and with the Lips on Sunday soon to be three, episodes of Frankenhole  :'(  :'(  :'( Sorry Dino, but I didn't know it was happening! I'll be watching from here on out. Go Orel!

love