love

Poll

Which club/activity are you interested in participating in regularly?

Movie Dictator Club
8 (12.5%)
Movie of the Week
8 (12.5%)
80s Bracket
8 (12.5%)
Far East Bracket
8 (12.5%)
Retrospots
15 (23.4%)
Greatest Living Actor
5 (7.8%)
Greatest Living Director
6 (9.4%)
Ranking Project
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Revival Poll  (Read 12009 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: Revival Poll
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2016, 11:57:30 PM »
I'm so there! :)

I like the rain or shine concept. I don't know anything about online video game lobbies, so not sure why there needs to be a certain number. Two is a party! And like you said, if you're going to watch a movie anyway, nothing's lost if no one else signs up. I love the idea.

If you do do Magnificent 7, I get to be Petra. I'll braid my hair and everything. :)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2016, 12:12:04 AM »
I'm so there! :)

I like the rain or shine concept. I don't know anything about online video game lobbies, so not sure why there needs to be a certain number.

Ah, it's because capture the flag, and other such game variants aren't very good with just two people. The maps are such that if there aren't enough people, you end up just wandering in circles never finding anyone to shoot at! :))

Two is a party! And like you said, if you're going to watch a movie anyway, nothing's lost if no one else signs up. I love the idea.

If you do do Magnificent 7, I get to be Petra. I'll braid my hair and everything. :)

Dibs is yours. :)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2016, 12:15:30 AM »
Ah, it's because capture the flag, and other such game variants aren't very good with just two people. The maps are such that if there aren't enough people, you end up just wandering in circles never finding anyone to shoot at! :))

:))

I've really missed out! This online group gaming sounds like a lot of fun.

Dibs is yours. :)

Gracias!

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:41 AM »
Can I be Seiji Miyaguchi ?

I like smirnoff's system a lot. If we do it, I think there should be a whole thread dedicated to it, with each person reposting the entire active lobby list whilst underlining his additions. Reviews would go on the regular threads.

In fact, we could do this for movies in general, not just the projects. It would be a great way to encourage watching movies together.

I can't wait to for Martin to make an Age of Ultron lobby so I can tag along.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2016, 01:02:52 AM »
Can we play kickball before the movie? (1 of 20 joined)

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2016, 02:08:16 AM »
Movie of the Week could perhaps find more success if the movie selection process were less rigidly scheduled and worked more like an online video game lobby... where people join but the match doesn't start until the lobby is full. So like, I'd put a post up saying "Speed - tuesday night - 1 of 4 joined (smirnoff, -, -, -)", and then maybe 1SO looks in the thread and sees that post and thinks "yea, I haven't seen Speed in a while and my tuesday night is free, I'll get in on that", and so he'd post Speed - tuesday night - 2 of 4 joined (smirnoff, 1SO, -, -) , and then hopefully by tuesday there's at least 4 people committed to watching Speed, and if not no biggy, it just lapses until someone starts a new lobby with a new time, or the lobby agrees to just go ahead with as many people as they have.

Anyone could propose any film. There could be 20, 30, 100 different "lobbies" out there.
Little Women - tonight! - 1 of 2 joined (smirnoff, - )
LOTR EE trilogy - Sept 1st, 2nd, 3rd - 1 of 3 joined (smirnoff, -, -,)

Maybe one of these takes off, maybe it doesn't. People could propose whatever they want. The beauty is the "project" as a whole doesn't lose momentum just because one film, one week doesn't get much participation. It's about creating a matchmaking system.

And people could have fun with their proposals, stoke some enthusiasm, give people a reason to join in. :)

Magnificent 7 - July 7th - 1 of 7 joined (smirnoff (Charles Bronson), -, -, -, -, -, -,)
All discussion from the viewpoint of their respective characters.

Who knows, something silly like that. :)

It takes away movie availability issues, commitment issues, and many other things that have tripped up these sorts of "movie of the week" projects in the past.
Wish I was in the right time zone (although if I was we'd probably be doing this already  ;D )

Leave a chat app on. Watch a movie that didn't make me want to write paragraphs. Bliss.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2016, 07:54:29 AM »
 :)

There doesn't need to be a set time. Pick a good time for you. Who knows? Someone might be awake!

JakeIsntFake

• Nothing that a few mega-vitamins couldn't cure
    • 2015 Watchlist
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2016, 09:17:09 AM »
Playing kickball before the movie (2 of 20 joined)
What a world
"The detail of the pattern is movement"
ICheckMovies
Top 40

love