Author Topic: I think Inglorious Bastards script is fake  (Read 1737 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
I think Inglorious Bastards script is fake
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:28:42 AM »
[Non-Spoiler Discussion]

I read the first half of the Inglorious Bastards script floating not very secretly around the net.  I do not believe (or maybe hope) this is the actual script.  It's not very good.  It's clunky in some very obvious ways, and the Tarantino moments feel way more forced than usual.

But it seems to be Tarantinoesque for the most part.  Here is my theory...

Quinten knows that everyone is going to try and get their hands on this puppy.  I remember he was really cheesed when Kill Bill was all over the net 2 years before Vol. 1 came out.  I think the Bastards script was leaked by Tarantino, but it's not the same script he's planning to film.  I don't think Tarantino is using a complete fake, dummy script either.  I think this is an early, rough draft most of which has been polished and changed.  Add a couple of deliberately misleading moments.  Ask your good friends on the net (like say, Harry Knowles) to give it a rave review, perhaps in exchange for letting them privately read the Real script.  Now Tarantino's controlling the show and everyone is reading the wrong script so nobody's trying to smuggle out the real script.

I've read Tarantino scripts before they went into production.  This one reads leagues beneath the man's abilities.  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say there's a con job going on.

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
Re: I think Inglorious Bastards script is fake
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »
I've got it but haven't read it yet (too busy earning a paycheck). I have been amused at the way the screenwriting blogs are lashing out at it, though.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JoshuaOst

Re: I think Inglorious Bastards script is fake
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »
I really enjoyed reading Inglorious Bastards.  It had some great characters, some great dialogue, and some really great scenes.  Particularly the introduction to the movie and the ending sequence in the theater.  In fact, I think this might turn out to be Tarantino's best film to date.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

love