love

Author Topic: How About a Spaghetti Western Marathon?  (Read 3046 times)

frankkramer

How About a Spaghetti Western Marathon?
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:55:29 AM »
While the latest ideas are pretty cool, how about a spaghetti western marathon or a stand alone Sergio Leone Marathon? As a real fan of the genre I'm a little biased but I do think that there are some great films here that deal with very interesting themes and deserve a wider audience. The best of these films - any by Leone, Django, The Great Silence, Companeros, just to name a few, put a different spin on the notion of a Hero and the whole western/American mythos. Such a marathon would make a nice sort of follow up to the Western marathon and we all might get a look at Kinski again as he seems to show up in about 1/2 of the Spaghettis ever made.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:53:34 PM »
I'll take Alex's place and say "Hey ha77, why don't you head over to the introduce yourself thread, and introduce yourself?"

Did I do good Alex?

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
Very nice Karl.

DaveNJ

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:43:17 PM »
Love the idea, though it shouldn't be entirely Sergio Leone, it should include some others. However, a Sergio Leone marathon would be fine as well.

OldWest

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 02:46:18 AM »
This is a great idea.  Has there been one on Westerns of any sort?

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 03:30:47 AM »
Westerns was the first marathon.  IIRC, they watched:

Rio Bravo
The Searchers
Stagecoach
Winchester 73
My Darling Clementine
A Fistful Of Dollars
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

Jack Lumber

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »
Quote from: "DaveNJ"
Love the idea, though it shouldn't be entirely Sergio Leone, it should include some others. However, a Sergio Leone marathon would be fine as well.

Yes! A Sergio Leone marathon would be great (he's my favorite director). They could easily watch all his films in one marathon. Plus, it would finally get them to watch "Once Upon a Time in the West". I could die and go to heaven if they would just review it for chrissakes!
"It simply stops at one point, rolling the credits - which is convenient, because it lets you know who to hate." -Jerry Holkins

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that gives value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

love