love

Author Topic: 1990s Far East Bracket  (Read 207953 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: 1990s Far East Bracket
« Reply #730 on: May 17, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
I've decided I want in here...I have a hard time figuring out where everything stands over in the 80s US bracket. Can I get a pairing?
Sure, but things work differently over here. Just pick two movies from the index over here and you're ready to go.
'Noke speaks the truth ... but The Eel vs. Lee Rock sounds promising to me, if you're looking for suggestions.

pixote

I have my eye on a couple things. I'm going to see which of the non-Netflix ones I might be able to get before I claim anything officially. The Eel is not available on Netflix right now, btw.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »
Ok, I had no luck with harder to find things so I am picking A Moment of Romance and Shower as my pairing.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »
Ok, I had no luck with harder to find things so I am picking A Moment of Romance and Shower as my pairing.

Yay!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
I posted a review for the first half of what will be my last match-up in this round today, I'm hopeful to get to the second film in my pairing tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
Sorry about your experience with Stairway to the Distant Past, Bill.  I thought I had read that the films in that trilogy stood alone okay.  Guess not.  Maybe I'll try to sneak in a viewing of The Most Terrible Time in My Life first, should Stairway come up for resurrection.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #735 on: May 18, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
Sorry about your experience with Stairway to the Distant Past, Bill.  I thought I had read that the films in that trilogy stood alone okay.  Guess not.  Maybe I'll try to sneak in a viewing of The Most Terrible Time in My Life first, should Stairway come up for resurrection.

pixote

Yeah, I felt something was off about it initially, but there was a montage scene where I knew these people had to be previously known somehow, because they hadn't appeared in this movie yet. That's when I did some digging and found out about the trilogy, but who knows, maybe they do stand alone okay and it's just not a movie that worked for me.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #736 on: May 19, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
Wrote up my review for the second half of my match-up, and posted both reviews in the topic. And with that I am done with the first round of this thing, I look forward to round 2. :)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #737 on: May 19, 2010, 10:32:10 AM »
Wrote up my review for the second half of my match-up, and posted both reviews in the topic. And with that I am done with the first round of this thing, I look forward to round 2. :)

Awesome! / Yay! / Hell yeah!

pixote

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #738 on: May 20, 2010, 03:44:32 PM »
Hard to believe this bracket is just about two years old.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #739 on: May 20, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »
Wow, I would've guessed closer to one. Good things take time I guess ;)