love

Author Topic: 1990s Far East Bracket  (Read 208021 times)

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
Re: 1990s Far East Bracket
« Reply #760 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
Have two of my films to collect today. Will aim to watch them early next week. Not sure about Patlabor 2. Will check tomorrow when I'm up that side of town.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #761 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
Have two of my films to collect today. Will aim to watch them early next week. Not sure about Patlabor 2. Will check tomorrow when I'm up that side of town.

Have you already seen After Life?  I can hold that for you maybe, in case Patlabor 2 turns out to be unavailable.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #762 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »

Have you already seen After Life?  I can hold that for you maybe, in case Patlabor 2 turns out to be unavailable.

pixote
That might be wise. I haven't seen After Life and know Video Dogs have it. I'm unsure about Patlabor 2, as it shows up, but some of the detail suggests the original. I'll let you know as soon as I can, although it might be in a message through someone else.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #763 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:23 AM »

pixote
That might be wise. I haven't seen After Life and know Video Dogs have it. I'm unsure about Patlabor 2, as it shows up, but some of the detail suggests the original. I'll let you know as soon as I can, although it might be in a message through someone else.
FCM have you tried the Asian video store on Bourke St?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #764 on: June 06, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »

pixote

If FCM doesn't need After Life to complete a pair, I'd like to officially claim After Life and Moonlight Boy as my next pair. Should have my present verdict in today.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
Re: 1990s Far East Bracket: Verdicts
« Reply #765 on: June 06, 2010, 12:07:47 PM »
We're going to revote and reseed after this round
We are?
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #766 on: June 06, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »
We're going to revote and reseed after this round
We are?

Yeppers!  I just don't think it's fair for some of these unseeded bracket discoveries (which couldn't be seeded previously because no one had seen them — Nabbie's Love, e.g.) to have to match up with seeded films all the way through the bracket.  And I'd rather not have the Far Eastern Pulp Fiction and Fargo getting knocked out early by films that they really shouldn't have been facing until the final bracket of thirty-two films.  So my plan is to refine the seeds every round until that point, as more and more people watch these films and add their votes to the rankings.  However, it'll still be that case that any seeded film can match up with any unseeded film, rather than the #1 seed being locked into a matchup against the #172 seed (or however many films make it to round two after resurrections).

Cool?

pixote
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:30:21 PM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #767 on: June 06, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »
Cool?

Very! That should take care of many of my concerns for the next rounds.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #768 on: June 06, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
Re-seeding makes sense to me.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #769 on: June 06, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »
It would sound a lot cooler if I knew what re-seeding (or seeding, for that matter) meant.