Author Topic: 1990s Far East Bracket  (Read 207827 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: 1990s Far East Bracket
« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
BlueVoid has signed up for Kaleidoscope vs. Ermo, which means there's only one second round matchup left to be assigned and just nine verdicts left to be completed.

Any takers for Goodbye South, Goodbye vs. Dang Bireley and the Young Gangsters?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #1161 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
I have taken the last matchup, Goodbye, South, Goodbye vs Dang Bireley and the Young Gangsters.
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1162 on: September 27, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
I have taken the last matchup, Goodbye, South, Goodbye vs Dang Bireley and the Young Gangsters.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1163 on: September 27, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
Yay, thanks Blue!

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1164 on: September 27, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »

All hail SadEmptiness!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1165 on: September 27, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
Glad to see the best part of this forum is still going.  8)

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #1166 on: September 27, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
Glad to see the best part of this forum is still going.  8)

Sam! Hope to see you in round 3. The video games will still be there after you do a matchup or two.  ;)
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1167 on: October 03, 2012, 03:18:23 AM »
where are the latest available picks?  Don't think I understand from page 1... thanks
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #1168 on: October 03, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
where are the latest available picks?  Don't think I understand from page 1... thanks

The info you're looking for is in another thread-- the Results and Schedule thread:

http://www.filmspotting.net/forum/index.php?topic=4514.msg196700#msg196700

pix has yet to update that specific post; BlueVoid took that pair and posted a verdict yesterday.  All Round 2 films have been taken for the moment in that films might be made available again, say, should someone find out they have no access to one of or both films in his/her matchup.  And if I understand the process correctly, the movies that pix resurrect will be part of the Round 3 pool of films.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1169 on: October 03, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
All Round 2 films have been taken for the moment in that films might be made available again, say, should someone find out they have no access to one of or both films in his/her matchup.  And if I understand the process correctly, the movies that pix resurrect will be part of the Round 3 pool of films.

Yep, that's correct. There are just four round two verdicts left to be completed, and then we can start round three. I need to write up my resurrection reviews for The Power of Kangwon Province, Living on the River Agano, In The Heat of the Sun, Little Cheung, and Eat Drink Man Woman; and still watch My Neighbor the Yamadas, The Bird People in China, Adrenaline Drive, Seventeen Years, and maybe a couple more from the Waitlist. But we should be ready to start the third round in about two weeks. At that point, there will be 106 films available for new matchups.

pixote

love