love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1464273 times)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #4910 on: October 04, 2009, 12:07:29 AM »
Ugh. Would satellite be better than dialup?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #4911 on: October 04, 2009, 12:11:37 AM »

We've looked into satellite - another expensive start-up, about $200, I think, at least $60/month and only slightly better than dial-up.  :(

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4912 on: October 04, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »

We've looked into satellite - another expensive start-up, about $200, I think, at least $60/month and only slightly better than dial-up.  :(

could tether a cell phone OAP.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #4913 on: October 04, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »

could tether a cell phone OAP.
Yeah, my father does quite well on one of those USB adapters.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4914 on: October 04, 2009, 09:57:16 AM »
I can't stay away from these boards.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 04, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »
Last's night Madonna/Lady Gaga skit was pretty CINECAST!in' stupid and not even funny. 

In fact, SNL is not doing much sketches lately and most of them are misses except for that fountain sketch with Scarlett Johansson (in one of her better roles) doing "look at this one, look at that one" and her hubby Ryan Reynolds as a fountain installer. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #4916 on: October 04, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »
SNL still has an audience (I'd say "is still on", but I assumed that it would be until Lorne dies).

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #4917 on: October 04, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Rocky Balboa is the luckiest boxer in the history of fictional boxers. Every fight he takes to the final round he's always losing 14 rounds to nothing and something like 140-111 (which is horrendous) on the scorecards. Yet he almost always gets the KO, lucky SOB!

I also learned that while I want to laugh at the ridiculousness of Rocky's training in the Cossacks somehow being just as good as that of Drago's in a high tech gym in Rocky IV, I can't do this. Fedor Emelianenko trains for MMA by beating up bears, chopping down trees and swimming in an ice cold lake and he's the best fighter the world has ever seen.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4918 on: October 04, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »
Fedor Emelianenko trains for MMA by beating up bears, chopping down trees and swimming in an ice cold lake and he's the best fighter the world has ever seen.

Why does everyone seem to think Fedor is so great? In my opinion, until he fights someone good he is an unknown quantity. I would bet he will be another in the long line of Pride fighters "who are the best ever" who turn out to me average at best. Its like everyone claiming some guy playing AHL hockey is better than Gretzky but he refuses to play for the NHL.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #4919 on: October 04, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »
Fedor Emelianenko trains for MMA by beating up bears, chopping down trees and swimming in an ice cold lake and he's the best fighter the world has ever seen.

Why does everyone seem to think Fedor is so great? In my opinion, until he fights someone good he is an unknown quantity. I would bet he will be another in the long line of Pride fighters "who are the best ever" who turn out to me average at best. Its like everyone claiming some guy playing AHL hockey is better than Gretzky but he refuses to play for the NHL.

Are you kidding me? He's done nothing but fight the best of the best and utterly destroy them. Just look at the list of guys he's beaten.

Antonio Rodrigo Noegueira - The undisputed top HW in the world until Fedor came along. He beat the dog piss out of Big Nog three times and would have done it a fourth time if not for an accidental headbutt making the fight a no-contest.

Mirko Filipovic - He faced down the second best striker the sport of MMA has ever seen and outstruck him for a lopsided decision. This was done back when Mirko was a top three HW in the world.

Andrei Arlovski - Top 10 HW and former UFC HW champion and Fedor knocked him out in under a round.

Tim Sylvia - Former UFC HW champ and top 5 HW and Fedor choked him out in under a minute.

Kazuyuki Fujita - A top 5 HW when Fedor choked him out.

Mark Coleman - Formerly the best HW fighter in the world, and Fedor beat the crap out of him twice.

Kevin Randleman - Former top 10 HW and UFC HW champ and Fedor submitted him in two minutes.

Tsuyoshi Kohsaka - Former top 10 HW and Fedor beat him so bad that the doctor stopped the fight in between rounds.

Heath Herring - He was top 10 when he faced Fedor and Fedor destroyed him.

Semmy Schilt - King of Pancrase, the best HW striker in the history of K-1 and a former top 10 HW and Fedor obliterated him.

Mark Hunt - Former K-1 champion with a chin of granite and Fedor beat the crap out of him.

He's even faced and beaten three top fighters from lower weight classes who moved up in weight just to face him - Matt Lindland, Ricardo Arona and Renato Sobral

Fedor has faced the best strikers the sport has to offer, the best wrestlers, the best BJJ players and the best all around and he has beaten them all, there is no doubt that he is the best the sport has ever seen.

Trust me when I tell you this Cee-Lo, you are dead wrong about Fedor. He has proven himself time and again as the best pound for pound fighter in the world, the best HW the sport has ever seen and the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. You ask any trainer within the sport, you ask any fighter, you ask anyone involved with the sport and they will tell you that he is the greatest the sport has ever seen. Please don't fall into the non-UFC view, he is that great.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:43:10 PM by Newman!!! »