love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1464322 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #5560 on: November 05, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
My opinion is don't take anyone's opinion unless they are a doctor. I would talk to your physician.
Yeah, we're going to our doctor today, so I'll talk with her about it for sure. Just thought I'd get any feedback I can.

From what I have read the vaccine is safe. All vaccines carry a small risk, as does any medical intervention. Assuming members of your family are in the H1N1 risk group the vaccine is probably a good idea. But your doctor will know better than I will.

(Note: I have not received the vaccine  but I am not in the risk group).

That's pretty much what I would say, if you are in the risk group, or around someone in the risk group, I would get it.  If you aren't, then it might not be as necessary.  I have a lot of confidence in our immune system.  I am an immunologist/microbiologist after all.  I did my thesis work on the cells that produce antibodies in response to disease/vaccinations, etc, so I am kind of biased.
Thanks, ya'll. After talking to my doctor about it, it seems best to get it simply because we've got a baby in the family, and she is in the risk group.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5561 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
The psycho who keeps stalking his ex-wife despite the protective order doesn't like it AT ALL when someone calls HIM from a cellphone with a blocked number.  Heh, heh, heh.

lol awesome. The cops should buy auto dialers which call everyone with a protective order against then, every 15 minutes all day.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5562 on: November 05, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
My new library is awesome, so much better than the library in my old town. Way more books, a better TPB section and twice as many CDs, the soundtrack section at this library is as big as the rock section at my old library.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #5563 on: November 05, 2009, 05:29:05 PM »
The psycho who keeps stalking his ex-wife despite the protective order doesn't like it AT ALL when someone calls HIM from a cellphone with a blocked number.  Heh, heh, heh.

lol awesome. The cops should buy auto dialers which call everyone with a protective order against then, every 15 minutes all day.

Well, the majority of people with an order against them are smart enough to obey it, or the person who got the order lets them back into their life and then wants the order enforced again when it's convenient.  I'm not in favor of harrassing those folks.  This guy though, god, he's like something from a Lifetime movie.  I'm so going to lock his ass up again. 

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #5564 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
I wish you patrolled my neighbourhood. We need some tough cops!
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #5565 on: November 05, 2009, 08:24:18 PM »
I wish you patrolled my neighbourhood. We need some tough cops!

I'd just be happy with some cops who actually went after criminals instead of harassing homeless folks.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #5566 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
My new library is awesome, so much better than the library in my old town. Way more books, a better TPB section and twice as many CDs,

Wait, they have a Pirate Bay section in your library! Awesome!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5567 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »
My new library is awesome, so much better than the library in my old town. Way more books, a better TPB section and twice as many CDs,

Ha, no, Of course I mean comic books, tricky Noff, tricky.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #5568 on: November 05, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »

Ha, no, Of course I mean comic books, tricky Noff, tricky.

I spend all day on this stuff ;)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #5569 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:44 PM »
My new avatar is already working to turn the tide. I feel greater respect from everyone here. Though that may also have to do with the quality of my posts. I'll stick with thinking it's the avatar though.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love