love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1464355 times)

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #9140 on: June 17, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »
(If anyone decides to watch this, make sure you go with the doc, not the Live at the El Rey recording.)
What's that? I've seen the doc film, the tv series, and Live at The Troubadour. What's this El Rey business?
I'm pretty sure it's a Netflix-exclusive recording of the show at the El Rey. If you've seen all of the others, I don't think you're missing any of the material performed there, but it's on instant, if you feel like giving it a go. Has some rather jarring editing/camera work.
Cool. I don't have Netflix, but like you said, having seen everything else I'm probably not missing much.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:37:07 PM by matt the movie watcher »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #9141 on: June 18, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
When you're rich and famous, tiny, I want you to remember that I believed in you early on.

:D I actually just took that as you mocking my semi-desperate pleas for attention. Because I'm paranoid. This laughter cannot be sincere!

And to counteract matt's support, I'll be the one who always doubted you, thus inspiring you to greatness!

Tiny - I used to hang w/ a few comedians back in Chicago. It takes a brave person to do that kind of art. Comedy so very often, comes from a very dark and personal place.
Brave, ridiculous, the character traits are disputable.  :) I love talking with comics and listening to them talk because the conversation almost always turns into answering the question of "what's wrong with us that made us like this?"

It's why I love WTF.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #9142 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:37 AM »
That's kinda why I dislike WTF.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #9143 on: June 18, 2010, 12:42:46 AM »

My favorite part is always the "you know, I resented you for the longest time" "are we cool now?" discussions.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #9144 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
20 people are following Between the Seats. Now it's a party.

I don't even know who most of these people are, but I really, really appreciate it.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #9145 on: June 18, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
I got a job! Hoorah!

It starts Tuesday. Soon I will be able to afford pretty things, like a wardrobe that doesn't have holes in every garment!

Hey, that's super! Congratulations.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #9146 on: June 18, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
My favorite part is always the "you know, I resented you for the longest time" "are we cool now?" discussions.
Heh, yeah. I'm looking forward to the Mencia episode...I assume Maron didn't pull any punches.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #9147 on: June 18, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »
Heh, yeah. I'm looking forward to the Mencia episode...I assume Maron didn't pull any punches.

I'm a few behind so I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard that he pretty much lets Carlos hang himself.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #9148 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:34 AM »

I'm a few behind so I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard that he pretty much lets Carlos hang himself.

Yeah, WTF is basically my favorite podcast right now for the above stated reasons. Also, jb, wait till you get to the Ben Stiller one. It's the most self-conscious I've heard Maron yet. Which, you know, saying something.

The Mencia episodes are some of the greatest episodes of any podcast I've ever heard. Really insightful.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #9149 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »
The Mencia episodes are some of the greatest episodes of any podcast I've ever heard. Really insightful.
Sounds great.

Yeah, WTF is basically my favorite podcast right now for the above stated reasons.
Hun, interesting. I guess I just don't like Maron very much. The part at the beginning before he brings in the guest, so excruciating.

love