love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463703 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #3830 on: August 11, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
Who the Hell is Lady Gaga?

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #3831 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »
Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block (with the bonus detail that it was the other New Kids' sperm)

Last time someone told me this, it was Jordan, not Joey.  But then Google also mentioned Donnie as a possibility.  Come on, pre-internet age, get your urban legends straight!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #3833 on: August 11, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
To the deja vu thread!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #3834 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65zI9LH-as#

I still have as little of an idea of who she is as is possible. All i know is the kids like her, and this news whether real or not will piss them off, so it's all good.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #3835 on: August 11, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block (with the bonus detail that it was the other New Kids' sperm)

Last time someone told me this, it was Jordan, not Joey.  But then Google also mentioned Donnie as a possibility.  Come on, pre-internet age, get your urban legends straight!

pixote
I just pulled Joey out of my ass (not literally), though I do remember my distraught NKOTB superfan friend in high school decrying the scurrilous whispers about the band's youngest member. Whether that's Joey or not, I do not know.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #3836 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:42 PM »
Most internet references I looked at said the rumor concerned "the lead singer" ... but I don't actually know who that is.

Oh, and I also learned that Jonathan is gay and that I shouldn't be surprised by this.  Whoever he is.

pixote

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #3837 on: August 11, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »
I remember the stomach pump nonsense being most closely association with Elton and Bowie. I don't know if I ever heard with the NKOTB fellas.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3838 on: August 11, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
To the deja vu thread!

pixote

It's becoming a catch phrase.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 11, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
Lady Gaga is apparently a hermaphrodite. Matters naught to me, but this will be good ammo to use against the kids, as they think she's insanely hot.
List of women celebrities that are supposedly men, or have been at one time, or thinking about it, or hermaphroditic according to urban legend:

Lady Gaga
Jamie Lee Curtis
Sandra Bullock
Ciara
Nicole Kidman

List of men celebrities that went to ____ hospital to have their stomach pumped, revealing they had had _____ (volume) of semen in their stomach:

Rod Stewart
Elton John
David Bowie
Mick Jagger
Andy Warhol

If you believe or pass these stories, it says more about your mother's sticky chromosomes than about the stars in question.

You should cross Bowie off that list because that never happened.  I have books and such.  As for the rest, I can't say if it was true or not though I do know that the urban legend over Rod Stewart did hurt his career even worse after he released that disco song. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal