love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463875 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #5060 on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »
Peter Billingsley (Ralphie from A Christmas Story) was an executive producer on Ironman!
Billingsley is one of the Favreau/Vaughn repertory players. He played an uncredited elf in Elf. He had a larger role in The Break Up. I think he had some screen time in that stand–up movie that they did (last year?).

Yeah, it always kind of gooses me when I recognize him on–screen. I always want to shout, "Ralphie!" But I don't. Instead I elbow whoever is next to me and tell them. And then they're like, "I care?" And I'm like, "You should!" And they're like, "Who are you?" And I'm like, "Alex Knesnik, nice to meet you." and I offer my hand. And they're like, "Go away, creep." And I'm like, "Can I have your popcorn?" And they're like, "Security!" And I'm like "Some people. Can't hold their liquor." And they're like, "Punch!" And I'm like, "Ow!" And they're like, "Kick!" And I'm like "My liver!"

I could go on, but I think you got the idea; I'm suing Peter Billingsley for mental distress.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #5061 on: October 09, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
Peter Billingsley (Ralphie from A Christmas Story) was an executive producer on Ironman!
Billingsley is one of the Favreau/Vaughn repertory players. He played an uncredited elf in Elf. He had a larger role in The Break Up. I think he had some screen time in that stand–up movie that they did (last year?).

Yeah, it always kind of gooses me when I recognize him on–screen. I always want to shout, "Ralphie!" But I don't. Instead I elbow whoever is next to me and tell them. And then they're like, "I care?" And I'm like, "You should!" And they're like, "Who are you?" And I'm like, "Alex Knesnik, nice to meet you." and I offer my hand. And they're like, "Go away, creep." And I'm like, "Can I have your popcorn?" And they're like, "Security!" And I'm like "Some people. Can't hold their liquor." And they're like, "Punch!" And I'm like, "Ow!" And they're like, "Kick!" And I'm like "My liver!"

I could go on, but I think you got the idea; I'm suing Peter Billingsley for mental distress.

nice :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5062 on: October 09, 2009, 11:34:48 AM »
Harry Dean Stanton is either one really messed up dude or is one of the most grounded, intelligent people I've ever seen interviewed.  Either way he is now my new favorite actor.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:36:53 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #5063 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
Mom got a dog.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5064 on: October 09, 2009, 12:36:56 PM »
(switchboard)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5065 on: October 09, 2009, 12:40:02 PM »

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #5066 on: October 09, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »
I've been picturing matt all wrong.

Awesome jacket!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5067 on: October 09, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
He's shorter than I imagined.
Hey, nice marmot!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5068 on: October 09, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »
 :D

Sadly I haven't even met the dog, I live 3 provinces away.  :'(

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5069 on: October 09, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
:D

Sadly I haven't even met the dog, I live 3 provinces away.  :'(

And provinces tend to be pretty big last I checked
(switchboard)

love