love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463639 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #5220 on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
In an awesome turn of events my mom confided to me that she's afraid I will end up old, single and die alone. To save me from this she signed me up for some dating site and she will be handling the entire thing. Didn't matter that I told her I wasn't interested and that I've never done online dating because I think it would be a waste of time for me. On the one hand I find this very, very funny, but on the other hand I'm a bit scared that my Mom is still going to these great lengths to try and manage my life.

Sounds like your mom loves you. :)  But it's odd how moms can show that love sometimes. Uri's mom has been trying to manage his life lately, too, offering suggestions about new careers - she's afraid he's not "using his gifts" with the work he's currently in. Sigh. I have to laugh about it; otherwise, I think I'll smack her.

You never know about the dating thing? I went to a wedding this past summer of a couple who met through eHarmony - I never would have believed it could have worked, but honestly, they seem so perfect for each other.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #5221 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
That is a little scary. :-\ Here's hoping it works out!

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5222 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:03 PM »
That is a little scary. :-\ Here's hoping it works out!

I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5223 on: October 21, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »
Sounds like your mom loves you. :)  But it's odd how moms can show that love sometimes. Uri's mom has been trying to manage his life lately, too, offering suggestions about new careers - she's afraid he's not "using his gifts" with the work he's currently in. Sigh. I have to laugh about it; otherwise, I think I'll smack her.

She does love me, but you hit it on the head, she has weird ways of showing it. She's always tried to manage my life in one way or another, I think it was the worst when my father died and I had to leave school to work full time and support the family. She'll go on this kick for a bit and if it doesn't work out she'll drop it and focus on one of my brothers for a bit.  ;D

You never know about the dating thing? I went to a wedding this past summer of a couple who met through eHarmony - I never would have believed it could have worked, but honestly, they seem so perfect for each other.

I also know a couple who met online and have a very healthy marriage. My mom and step-father met through online dating as well. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong, but I've never bothered with online dating because it doesn't seem right for me. Especially since I think I'm a really boring person and don't see how that would appeal to someone on a dating site.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5224 on: October 21, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
Oh yeah, I also learned that when you tell a lady outside of Barnes & Noble that her 700 Club "Marriage=man and woman" (just substitute stick drawings of a man and woman for the words) bumper sticker offends you she will get pretty upset. So upset that not only am I, in her words, a "homo lover" but I must be a homo myself.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #5225 on: October 21, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
Bill! I never knew you liked other dudes so much!
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5226 on: October 21, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
Bill! I never knew you liked other dudes so much!

That would explain the half naked wrestling, now wouldn't it.  :o

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #5227 on: October 21, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »
It would seem to hint at a solution, that's for sure.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #5228 on: October 21, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
FLY is a genius!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5229 on: October 21, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
It would seem to hint at a solution, that's for sure.

Perhaps I will take this into account next time I hit the mat.

love