Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463837 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #5550 on: November 05, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
I want to watch Obama get the shot, then I'll trust it enough to get it.  :P

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #5551 on: November 05, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
I want to watch Obama get the shot, then I'll trust it enough to get it.  :P

better....one of his daughters
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #5552 on: November 05, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
I got the seasonal flu shot already and I'll get the H1N1 next week. I'm not in the risk group, but I work with a lot of young kids, so it seems like a good idea.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #5553 on: November 05, 2009, 02:22:50 PM »
I haven't heard anything bad about the shots, I won't get it myself just because I don't see the point, if I get sick I get sick. However I have heard that it hasn't been tested yet as far as its effects on pregnant women. Not that you're pregnant OAD, but that is the one situation where I would show trepidation in getting it.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #5554 on: November 05, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
Pitchfork proves, once again, that reviewing music is the most pointless type of criticism this side of food reviews. Film has embraced elements of traditional literary criticism, video games are, quite stupidly, embracing scientific check lists that validate review scores, while music continues to remain one huge subjective mess with little to no value at all.

Not MY music.  I can't speak to yours.  ;)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #5555 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
My opinion is don't take anyone's opinion unless they are a doctor. I would talk to your physician.
Yeah, we're going to our doctor today, so I'll talk with her about it for sure. Just thought I'd get any feedback I can.

From what I have read the vaccine is safe. All vaccines carry a small risk, as does any medical intervention. Assuming members of your family are in the H1N1 risk group the vaccine is probably a good idea. But your doctor will know better than I will.

(Note: I have not received the vaccine  but I am not in the risk group).

That's pretty much what I would say, if you are in the risk group, or around someone in the risk group, I would get it.  If you aren't, then it might not be as necessary.  I have a lot of confidence in our immune system.  I am an immunologist/microbiologist after all.  I did my thesis work on the cells that produce antibodies in response to disease/vaccinations, etc, so I am kind of biased.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #5556 on: November 05, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
I'm a bum
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5557 on: November 05, 2009, 04:55:35 PM »
My opinion is don't take anyone's opinion unless they are a doctor. I would talk to your physician.
Yeah, we're going to our doctor today, so I'll talk with her about it for sure. Just thought I'd get any feedback I can.

From what I have read the vaccine is safe. All vaccines carry a small risk, as does any medical intervention. Assuming members of your family are in the H1N1 risk group the vaccine is probably a good idea. But your doctor will know better than I will.

(Note: I have not received the vaccine  but I am not in the risk group).

That's pretty much what I would say, if you are in the risk group, or around someone in the risk group, I would get it.  If you aren't, then it might not be as necessary.  I have a lot of confidence in our immune system.  I am an immunologist/microbiologist after all.  I did my thesis work on the cells that produce antibodies in response to disease/vaccinations, etc, so I am kind of biased.

Trust my wingman.
Hey, nice marmot!

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #5558 on: November 05, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
I learned today, that when I work 12 hours, I get nothing accomplished at home, sigh...

x2, i am still at work, going on hour 11
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #5559 on: November 05, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
The psycho who keeps stalking his ex-wife despite the protective order doesn't like it AT ALL when someone calls HIM from a cellphone with a blocked number.  Heh, heh, heh.