Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463802 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #5730 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »
what the garage band program is and what it does.

You make some beats, I lay down some dank verses, we are good to go.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #5731 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
[...] The percentage saying the Bible is the actual, literal word of God has remained in a relatively narrow range between 27% and 35% across this time period (16 years), with the average being 31%. [...]
http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/onethird-americans-believe-bible-literally-true.aspx

Whatever "literal" means.  I believe it is "literal", but that doesn't mean I believe it doesn't have contradictions.  I don't like the three options Gallup gave.  Pah.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5732 on: November 12, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
[...] The percentage saying the Bible is the actual, literal word of God has remained in a relatively narrow range between 27% and 35% across this time period (16 years), with the average being 31%. [...]
http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/onethird-americans-believe-bible-literally-true.aspx

Whatever "literal" means.  I believe it is "literal", but that doesn't mean I believe it doesn't have contradictions.  I don't like the three options Gallup gave.  Pah.

That is a very interpretive question. I guess for most people it is read as "the Bible is 100% true and accurate and everything in it should be followed as gospel". In that sense I can see how the number would be smaller; 20-30%.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5733 on: November 12, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »

The world was created in a week (no dinosaurs)...talking burning shrubbery...a wooden ship large enough to carry a pair of every animal in the world?
Literally...?
Hey, nice marmot!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #5734 on: November 12, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »

The world was created in a week (no dinosaurs)...talking burning shrubbery...a wooden ship large enough to carry a pair of every animal in the world?
Literally...?

That would be traditional, not literal.  Literally, the Bible does not affirm a young earth, the voice came out of the bush, and the flood could be local.  Stupid traditionalists can't even read their own book...

Sorry.  I'll try to be nicer.

On a completely different note, I learned that I can change my Facebook language to "English-Pirate".  This has brought me great joy!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #5735 on: November 12, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
I can write a lot, very quickly, when the pressure is on. 700 words in 15 minutes!

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #5736 on: November 12, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »

Literally...?

That would be traditional, not literal.  Literally, the Bible does not affirm a young earth, the voice came out of the bush, and the flood could be local.  Stupid traditionalists can't even read their own book...

Sorry.  I'll try to be nicer.

On a completely different note, I learned that I can change my Facebook language to "English-Pirate".  This has brought me great joy!

Wow we'd gone almost 10 days without someone bashing religion.    I need to reset the counter back to zero
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #5737 on: November 12, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »
I can write a lot, very quickly, when the pressure is on. 700 words in 15 minutes!

Wow. I need some of that talent to rub off on me right about now.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #5738 on: November 12, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »
It takes me longer to print than to type. 0 pages in 20 minutes!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #5739 on: November 12, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
the largest font size the boards go up to.