love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463738 times)

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #6140 on: December 03, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
There is a movie on iTunes called Robsessed.  Here's the "plot" summary:

Robsessed is the ultimate, all-access guide to the world's biggest, hottest new star: Robert Pattinson. R-Patz, as the press has affectionately named him, became an international heartthrob after starring as Edward Cullen in the chart-topping blockbuster, Twilight.  Now, Robsessed offers an exclusive insider's look into the world of R-Patz, following his path from a young schoolboy, to his early modelling and acting jobs, all the way through to landing his dazzling role in the Twilight saga.

So there it is!  I always wondered what the end of the civilization would look like. 
The answers you seek are in Norway.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #6141 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »
I need to get a headband. My hair is too long to be participating in athletic competition comfortably otherwise.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #6142 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Wait, verite changed his name?
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #6143 on: December 03, 2009, 08:41:03 PM »
verite schmerite, what's the difference?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #6144 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
Wait, verite changed his name?

:)

I learned that the latter half of Sonny With A Chance is a lot better than the first half. Things started to change in that episode where Selena guest starred. Little coincidence, likely.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #6145 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
And I learned a neat new word:  hemangioma!

what does this mean?

It's a benign growth involving blood vessels unusually close to the skin.  I've had a red dot on my cheek for a couple of years that never went away and I started to get paranoid about skin cancer after a couple of people had asked me if I'd had it looked at.  My grandfather and his sisters all had recurring squamous and basal cell carcinomas on their faces (and top of the head for my grandfather with his thin hair) and were always having little divots removed here & there.  That and the fact that I've had severe sunburns make me nervous about skin cancer.

But it's just a hemangioma and I'm lucky to have such a little one, some of the pictures I found when I googled the word are just gross.  The kind I have is called a cherry hemangioma.  I feel better about it now that I know it's nothing dangerous.  The doc said I could get laser treatments for it but as long as it's not anything serious I can pretty much ignore it.

I also found out that I have keratosis pilaris, which is a fancy word for the bumps I've always had on the backs of my upper arms and the dots on my legs.  Turns out that it's some sort of genetic thing and not just normal skin.  Huh.  Not that there's much to be done about it except try to keep things lotioned up to minimize it.  

They can shrink those hemiangiomas with propranolol.  It's kinda new, but very cool.  Did your doc tell ya?  Two of my brothers are dermatologists, they're all excited about it.  

Sorry I missed this earlier Colleen.  Sorry to hear about this  :-\

Thanks, but it's fine.  Like I said, as long as it's not something that is going to kill me, I'm cool with it.  Not sure about the shrinking thing, I'd still have to pay for it out of pocket because it's totally cosmetic.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #6146 on: December 03, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »
It also allows me to skip over all those pages of Clovis vs. FLY foreplay faster.
Post of the day.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #6147 on: December 03, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »

Robsessed is the ultimate, all-access guide to the world's biggest, hottest new star: Robert Pattinson. R-Patz, as the press has affectionately named him, became an international heartthrob after starring as Edward Cullen in the chart-topping blockbuster, Twilight.  Now, Robsessed offers an exclusive insider's look into the world of R-Patz, following his path from a young schoolboy, to his early modelling and acting jobs, all the way through to landing his dazzling role in the Twilight saga.

So there it is!  I always wondered what the end of the civilization would look like. 

Wow, back in the day this was relegated to special issues of Tiger Beat and $2.95 paperbacks with the 8 pages of black and white photos, so cheaply bound that after 2 or 3 passes the photo pages started falling out...

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #6148 on: December 03, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »

Wow, back in the day this was relegated to special issues of Tiger Beat and $2.95 paperbacks with the 8 pages of black and white photos, so cheaply bound that after 2 or 3 passes the photo pages started falling out...

Oh yeah, I bought those if they had any Duran Duran on the cover. 

I wonder just who is making money with this movie. 
The answers you seek are in Norway.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #6149 on: December 03, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
Thor was back. Hi Thor.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love