love

Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 1463631 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #7090 on: January 19, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
It's not the system that's broken, it's the people. If they would vote for a third party, like they should, perhaps there would be some kind of meaningful change, likely not, but perhaps. However voters don't care for third parties, it's a waste of a vote, so deadlock away. As it stands now, at least if nothing gets passed, major or minor, I can go down sinking in peace.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #7091 on: January 19, 2010, 11:38:29 PM »
I agree, the third party system in this country sucks.  Believe me, I am dating a libertarian, that's all I friggin' hear about.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #7092 on: January 19, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
It doesn't suck, the number of voters seems to mostly rise from year to year, at least last I checked, though that was about a year or so ago, but it's just not enough to battle the mentality that everything comes down to a yes or a no, which is ingrained in the heads of so many Americans. Theoretically at some point it will be strong enough, but that also requires a willingness for change, which the country proved it was not ready for when it bought in to the obvious hollow promises of either John McCain or Barack Obama. They like the idea of change, and thinking they are progressive, but when it comes time to bite the bullet safety is always what is preferred. But hey, it doesn't bother me, people like that kind of thing and who am I to tell people what to like?

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7093 on: January 20, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »
How did you get a job on a Bollywood movie?
I had worked with the Assistant Director on Omega Code 2.  She heard about this film coming to town with all the biggest stars in Bollywood.  Not just Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt, but Sunil Shetty, Mahesh Manjrekar (also an accomplished director) and rising star Lucky Ali.  She knew I was a film nut and figured I would immerse myself in Bollywood cinema and better understand what co-writer/director Sanjay Gupta was aiming to do.
And the more I learned about the fame of these actors, the more excited I got.  They were all big, big stars, none more so than A.B.  Two big moments connected with this film.
1) We were filming in Long Beach Harbor on Sept. 11, 2001.  We had no access to televisions and couldn't understand what was happening.  The harbor was shut down and we were stopped filming.  I drove home through downtown Los Angeles and it was completely empty.
2) It's the only film I worked on that literally ran out of money.  With about 3 weeks to go, the Production packed up and went back to India.  Filming was completed there.

The film's available on DVD and you can find clips online.  It's a complete blend of The Usual Suspects, Heat and Reservoir Dogs.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #7094 on: January 20, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
I'm bad at being a student. Not a bad student, just bad at being one.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #7095 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »
Also that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the kid in Angels in the Outfield. I just simply didn't realize it.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #7096 on: January 20, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Also that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the kid in Angels in the Outfield. I just simply didn't realize it.

Holy crap. Chris Lloyd is in that movie too. Love that movie.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7097 on: January 20, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
I hope I'm hanging out with ferris if someone tries to beat me up.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #7098 on: January 20, 2010, 03:13:22 PM »
I hope I'm hanging out with ferris if someone tries to beat me up.

and this was before the face tattoo  ;)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7099 on: January 20, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
So is this you now?

love