Author Topic: What I Learned Today  (Read 771398 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: What I Learned Today
« Reply #8810 on: May 25, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
To add a bit more on the whole Blog/website thingy, this site called Film Intel is following my blog. I quickly checked their site. Nicely done. Don't know why they're following me, but they seem pretty awesome.

Film Intel
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #8811 on: May 25, 2010, 09:57:23 PM »
Seriously, the more people follow, the more the blog starts to feel like a commitment. Does anybody else get that sort of feeling when they realize that there's suddenly a decent amount of people following their sites or blogs?
Not really, but I started the blog more for myself than anything else. Still, part of the reason why I've stuck with it this long is because I do know I have readers like you and the rest of filmspotting.

But if I've got a busy or bad day, I usually just don't bother to post anything new.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #8812 on: May 25, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
Seriously, the more people follow, the more the blog starts to feel like a commitment. Does anybody else get that sort of feeling when they realize that there's suddenly a decent amount of people following their sites or blogs?
Not really, but I started the blog more for myself than anything else. Still, part of the reason why I've stuck with it this long is because I do know I have readers like you and the rest of filmspotting.

But if I've got a busy or bad day, I usually just don't bother to post anything new.

Oh, I don't post every day. I'd never have enough time for that. I don't think it's necessary anyways, although I know some sites and blogs that do, in fact, update almost every day. I tend to update twice a week but make sure that the updates are of the highest quality I can produce.

I think you have a nice blog going on. I just read you Days of Heaven scene 4 analysis. Very interesting. I really need to watch that movie again.

I think I just figured out why my follower count has boosted in the last couple days: my entrance into the LAMB (large association of movie blogs) was accepted and it was posted on their blog.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:04:41 PM by edgar00 »
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #8813 on: May 25, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
I was thinking about doing that. First I wanted to make a nice header. 

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #8814 on: May 25, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
15 people.

Thanks, fellow Bond fan.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #8815 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
Make that 16. I thought I was following you before, guess not.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #8816 on: May 26, 2010, 02:28:30 AM »
"not it" still works with a group, even when you are 30 years old

what would make you think otherwise? the "not it" is a universal, binding phrase.

Like "The Game"

I like The Game (which, BTW, I lost.  As did you).  It stirs the cockles of my self-referential heart.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #8817 on: May 26, 2010, 07:37:31 AM »
"not it" still works with a group, even when you are 30 years old

what would make you think otherwise? the "not it" is a universal, binding phrase.

Like "The Game"

I like The Game (which, BTW, I lost.  As did you).  It stirs the cockles of my self-referential heart.

The Game sucks. He's better than 50 Cent, I guess, but that's not very hard. Though he is good on a number of songs where he is a featured artist, it's just when he tries to hold his own a full length CD that you see the cracks in that man's ability, much like another man who was on a Chamillionaire song, Ludacris.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #8818 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
1. Amazon doesn't have Speed Racer on Blu-Ray (seriously?).
2. It's sunny outside, I should go read/do homework out there.
3. Remember Me comes out on DVD on the 22nd of June (finally!)
4. My theater is losing a number of films this week,though the ability for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to still be around there and playing absolutely astounds me, and only gaining too many showings of Sex and the City: The Movie 2 and Prince of Persia. So much for that glimmer of hope that this new management team was actively seeking to bring smaller titles for longer runs back.
5. I've learned a lot in an hour.
6. I've been awake for an hour, I should go shower.

EDIT: Damn it, Wal-Mart.com doesn't have the Blu-Ray in either. I hope the store still has a copy left. Why is this movie so hard to find?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:26:47 AM by FLYmeatwad »

íKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #8819 on: May 26, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »
FLY: huh?