love

Author Topic: Filmspotting 500th Live!  (Read 11368 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Filmspotting 500th Live!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
Try AirBnB website for a room.  It's not a hotel, but a private room situation.  Very economical.

And, it's a distance between downtown Chicago and the Music Box so you'll have to decide whether to transport from downtown lodging to Music Box area or vice versa.  It seems that you would be better off staying near downtown and commuting to the Music Box for that one night since you have plans to see the city (Art Institute etc).

Texan Down Under

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »
Seconding the recommendation for AirBnB.  Only used them once so far, but it worked out great.

ohiodeb

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 06:21:03 AM »
Thanks, folks!  I have been working through the ones on Air B and B, but the ones I can actually afford that are in the right areas are either shared bathroom (that's the ONLY thing I'm particular about) or in what look to be sketchy neighborhoods that are a fairly long walk from transportation. (A problem since I'm alone and not as young as I once was...)  I have found a couple of perfect ones, but they're already rented for my time frame.  I'm sure this will be my best option; just hoping for some suggestions since I know NOTHING about Chicago and where the bus/train stops are.  Again, THANKS!!

mhurne

• Filmspotting QA and social media contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »
Thank you saltine and MartinTeller for the AirBnB recommendation!  With the hotel costs this seems like a great option, and I think I found a good room.

Any more talk of a meet-up before/after the show?  I have all day Friday open, meeting with the CinemaJaw podcast guys Friday night, Saturday is open except for the show, and I'm pulling an all-nighter until my flight Sunday morning.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »
Coming to Filmspotting #500 Saturday night? We'll be hanging out pre-show at a bar close to the Music Box. Location Mystic Celt Bar and Grill 7-8 p.m. All are welcome!

Posted by Adam @ Facebook
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:53:45 PM by saltine »
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 12:41:51 AM »
... and scene

Such a great night!
Texan Down Under

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »
I'm sad that I wasn't able to make the pre-meetup, but I made it into the show just in the knick of time and had a total blast! Congratulations again to Adam, Josh, and all involved both for reaching 500 shows, and for putting on such an entertaining event. They pulled out all the stops and everything went so smoothly.

love