Author Topic: Film Festival Advertising  (Read 16497 times)

Viviana

Mexican Films - AFI Fest
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »
Hola Senoritas and Senors,

As a fellow Mexican filmmaker I am always inspired and amazed by the cinema emerging from Mexico. Personally, I feel there is a depth of emotional rawness consistent to Mexican Cinema. Luckily for me and those like me who have a deep passion for Mexican films the AFI Festival will premiering shortly from October 31st to November. Here is a list and information on the Mexican films premiering at the festival, so go SEE A FILM!!

MEXICAN FILM

http://filmguide.afifest.com/tixSYS/2008/filmguide/title.php/?Genre=MEXIC

MEXICAN FILM AT AFI FEST

THE DESERT WITHIN
DESIERTO ADENTRO
2008 Mexico 110 MIN
DIR: Rodrigo Pla
CAST: Mario Zaragoza, Diego Catano, Memo Dorantes, Eileen Yanez, Luis Fernando Pena, Jimena Ayala, Katia Xanat Espino, Dolores Heredia, Angelina Pelaez, Martin Zapata, Alan Chavez
The closing-night showcase at Cannes' Critics Week, this hugely inventive drama follows the story of a man who, having committed a mortal sin, tries to repent—and save his eight children—by isolating his brood in a desert outpost and dedicating all of his energy to building a church.
Tuesday, November 4, 7:30 pm, Arclight 09
Thursday, November 6, 3:00 pm, Arclight 08

I’M GONNA EXPLODE
VOY A EXPLOTAR
2008 Mexico 106 MIN
DIR: Gerardo Naranjo
CAST: Daniel Gimenez Cacho, Maria Deschamps, Juan Pablo de Santiago, Rebecca Jones, Martha Claudia Moreno
In this Godardian follow-up to the acclaimed DRAMA/MEX, Naranjo spins a fanciful, upbeat and innovative tale of Roman and Maru, two disaffected 15-year-olds who fall in love and rebel against adulthood in a series of sexual adventures, finally escaping out of town for a romantic lark.
Saturday, November 8, 9:40 pm, Mann 03
Sunday, November 9, 3:15 pm, Arclight 13

INTIMACIES OF SHAKESPEARE AND VICTOR HUGO
INTIMIDADES DE SHAKESPEARE Y VICTOR HUGO
2008 Mexico 83 MIN
DIR: Yulene Olaizola
CAST: Rosa Elena Carvajal, Florencia Vega Moctezuma
A filmmaker uncovers the true tale of her grandmother Rose Elena's friendship with Jorge, the strange, transsexual and perhaps schizophrenic man who rented a room from her. Could Jorge, Rose Elena's close companion, have been responsible for a string of unsolved murders in Mexico City?
Thursday, November 6, 7:00 pm, Arclight 08
Friday, November 7, 3:15 pm, Arclight 08

LAKE TAHOE
TE ACURDAS DE LAKE TAHOE
2008 Mexico 81 MIN
DIR: Fernando Eimbcke
CAST: Yemil Sefani, Diego Catano, Juan Carlos Lara, Daniela Valentine
Before dying, Juan's father gave him a car. But now Juan has crashed it, and he is desperate to find the parts to fix it. From the director of DUCK SEASON comes this deadpan coming-of-age comedy, laced with deep meaning, about a quest that will forever shape one boy's life.
Monday, November 3, 7:15 pm, Arclight 09
Wednesday, November 5, 12:30 pm, Arclight 09

Order tickets by phone or online
1.866.AFI.FEST / www.AFIFEST.com
Tickets and Passes On Sale Now!
Screenings are at the ArcLight Hollywood and other Hollywood locations
ArcLight Hollywood address: 6360 Sunset Boulevard at Ivar

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
Re: Film Festival Advertising
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
There aren't enough female Mexican directors.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

newport

Re: Newport Beach Film Festival
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »
2009 NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL- THANKSGIVING SPECIAL DEADLINE 

The Newport Beach Film Festival attracts over 42,000 attendees who have the opportunity to screen 350 films from 40 different countries and we want YOU to be a part of our tenth year!

Filmmakers, please submit your film now and save!

The deadline is NOVEMBER 21
Features $45
Shorts $40

Submit on the web with Withoutabox.com. You can find the NBFF submissions link to withoutabox at www.newportbeachfilmfest.com

Here are some highlights from our festival
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iPH8M3Zuw

The Tenth Anniversary of the Newport Beach Film Festival runs April 23-30

newport

2009 Newport Beach Film Festival – Standard Deadline – Dec 19, 2008
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
Dear Filmmakers,
Please note that the Standard Deadline for the 2009 Newport Beach Film Festival is :
December 19, 2008
For more information and to submit your film, logon to: http://www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com
Also, please review our Call For Entries Background for additional insight:
http://newportbeachfilmfest.com/email/2009CallForEntriesBackground.pdf

Thank you for considering the 2009 Newport Beach Film Festival.
All of us at the NBFF want to wish you the happiest of holidays.

Very best,
The Newport Beach Film Festival Staff

The Tenth Annual Newport Beach Film Festival runs April 23rd-30th 2009

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
Call for entries!

THE TALKING PICTURES FESTIVAL
May 1-3, 2009
Evanston, IL

http://www.talkingpicturesfestival.org/

Any length or genre welcome. FREE entry for international and youth-produced films (see entry form for more details).

Entry form--Download the form (PDF).
      Early Bird deadline is January 15, 2009.
      Final deadline is January 30, 2009.

Special Focus: This year we will have a thematic sidebar that focuses on sustainability, organic food and agriculture, and the environment. We are especially interested in receiving entries related to those themes.
---

I'm helping out with this film festival, in it's first year. I'll probably be judging submissions. All gifts and back-rubs welcome  ;)
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

newport

FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR NBFF- JAN 30
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:14 PM »

The final submission deadline for the tenth annual Newport Beach Film Festival is January 30, 2009.

Be part of an amazing line-up of films – Don’t miss the opportunity to meet other filmmakers, industry professionals and distributors.

Entry Fees are:
Feature length: $75
Short: $60
Youth: $25

Festival dates are April 23-30, 2009

Check out some of the highlights from previous years at the Festival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iPH8M3Zuw

For more information and to submit to the Festival visit our website at: www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com

Thank you for your consideration of the Newport Beach Film Festival

newport

The 10th Annual Newport Beach Film Festival will kick off its eight-day run with the Opening Night screening of Lymelife on April 23 and
close with the West Coast premiere of (500) Days of Summer on April 30. Following the red carpet screening of Lymelife, the Festival will host a grandiose Opening Night Gala at the Bloomingdale’s Courtyard in Fashion Island with culinary creations from over 20 Newport Beach area restaurants, a fashion show presented by Bloomingdale’s and Fashion Island and a special performance by Cirque du Soleil’s Zumanity. The Festival will showcase more than 400 films from over 30 countries and will host nightly special events, including red carpet galas, post screening receptions, compelling conversations with filmmakers, international spotlights, industry seminars and retrospectives. Select highlights include an An Evening with Marc Shaiman, an Action Sports Film Series, a Family Film Series  and an Environmental Film Series. For more information and to purchase tickets go to www.newportbeachfilmfest.com.

newport

2010 NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES CALL FOR ENTRIES!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

Celebrating its 11th year, the Newport Beach Film Festival (California, USA) is open for submissions. Take advantage of our Early Bird Deadline and save.

The 2010 Newport Beach Film Festival will spotlight over 350 films from around the world, including feature length narrative, documentary, short, animated and student films that will compete for a series of Jury, Festival Honors and Audience Awards. The 2010 NBFF will host red carpet Opening and Closing Night Gala Celebrations, International Spotlight events, an Action Sports Film Series, an Environmental Film Series, a Family Film Series, a Collegiate Showcase, a Youth Film Showcase and a free Seminar Series.

The Festival runs from April 22nd to April 29th, 2010.

Newport Beach Film Festival
April 22 – 29, 2010

NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS.
SUBMIT NOW AND SAVE!

www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure I want to kick newport's ass.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure I want to kick newport's ass.

newport, post here only.  No double posting...I'll delete those.

alexarch, cut back on the expresso.
Texan Down Under

love