Author Topic: Weekend  (Read 109691 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: Weekend
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
Do you Americans get a four day weekend this week for Easter?

Personally, I'm flying up to Sydney for the National Brass Band competition, leaving tomorrow lunch time, getting back Monday. I'm expecting to get a lot of reading done. I'm also planning to download loads of podcasts so that I don't run out between leaving and getting back. Old Filmspottings, Ouch!, Creative Screenwriting perhaps.

I'm also about to go buy hot cross buns for tomorrow. In my family we always only ate them on Good Friday, and if I had a choice I would be, but I missed out on them the past two years, last year cause I was in Brisbane, and the year before I was in Malaysia, so I'm not going without this year, even if it's a day early.

Sounds like such fun! I only know hot cross buns from the nursery rhyme and have always wanted to see/try a real one. Am a little envious :).

Panera Bread has them on weekends during Easter season - tasty.

OMG! Do you routinely help make people's childhood dreams come true :)?

:D I try my best!

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
I hope for resurrection
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »
Got a good deal on some tickets for the Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee Sat. night.

I looked forward to gorging myself on tubular meats.

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »
I have to work on Saturday during the day. Plan is to watch Goodbye Solo on Sat. night and maybe rewatch the other two Bahrani films in 35mm on Sunday if I can get my bracket films and errands done before that.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »
rewatch the other two Bahrani films in 35mm on Sunday if I can get my bracket films and errands done before that.

Bahrani in 35mm > bracket films

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »
rewatch the other two Bahrani films in 35mm on Sunday if I can get my bracket films and errands done before that.

Bahrani in 35mm > bracket films

True that and also Films > Errands.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46:09 AM »
Got a good deal on some tickets for the Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee Sat. night.

Go Cubs, most especially Aramis!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »

Zambrano is going on Saturday night, hopefully with Harden, Zambrano and Dempster going in the series and our offense clicking this is the series where we show the Brewers that without Ben Sheets and CC Sabathia they can't compete with us.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »
Zambrano is going on Saturday night, hopefully with Harden, Zambrano and Dempster going in the series and our offense clicking this is the series where we show the Brewers that without Ben Sheets and CC Sabathia they can't compete with us.

You're dead to me.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »

Part of me wishes they had been able to keep CC (and I hope they can keep Prince).  I enjoy the Brewers being competitive; I think the rivalry has really started to blossom the last 2 years and that's a good thing.