love

Author Topic: Weekend  (Read 109805 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Weekend
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »
Inglourious Basterds.

+ Thirst

Heading to Chicago this weekend to visit the BF, will be seeing both of those, and Rear Window at The Music Box.

Take me with you? Jk. I finally have a free weekend to catch up at the local cineplex.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »
Inglourious Basterds.

+ Thirst

Heading to Chicago this weekend to visit the BF, will be seeing both of those, and Rear Window at The Music Box.

Take me with you? Jk. I finally have a free weekend to catch up at the local cineplex.

:) Whatcha gonna see?
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »
Julie & Julia for sure. I just have to see it since I love Adams and Streep so much, plus Tucci. And then maybe District 9 and Inglorious Basterds. Oh, and Ponyo! The Goods and Time Travelers Wife would be the other options. Obviously not gonna get to all of them unless I just sneak around the different theaters on Saturday :-\.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »
enjoy the trip!

Avatar Day + whatever flick we wander into afterward, Drunken fun down the shore, 65th birthday party.

Where down the shore?  Wish I could go. 

There are a ridiculous number of movies I want to see.  Still haven't seen Hurt Locker, 500 Days of Summer, Paper Heart, Funny People or District 9. Plus Ponyo, Inglorious Basterds, and Not Quite Hollywood all open this weekend.  Maybe I should take Sunday off work :)

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
Go see Inglourious Basterds, grab archives & material for my NIN20 project, download podcasts & records, and watch True Blood.
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2009, 10:50:39 PM »
enjoy the trip!

Avatar Day + whatever flick we wander into afterward, Drunken fun down the shore, 65th birthday party.

Where down the shore?  Wish I could go. 

There are a ridiculous number of movies I want to see.  Still haven't seen Hurt Locker, 500 Days of Summer, Paper Heart, Funny People or District 9. Plus Ponyo, Inglorious Basterds, and Not Quite Hollywood all open this weekend.  Maybe I should take Sunday off work :)

Manasquan

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »
Cool.  That's LBI isn't it?

Whenever I hear "Manasquan" my brain always automatically adds "to Cape Henlopen" because that was the area covered by local weather forecasts on the weather radio my dad always had on while he shaved in the morning.  My bed was up against the wall where their bathroom was on the other side so I always woke up to the quasi-robot voice reciting conditions "from Manasquan to Cape Henlopen".

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »
its a bit north of there - just above Point Pleasant and below Belmar

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:43 AM »
I'm going to get my last birthday present. Two friends handed me a cookbook and four bookmarks, two with friend A's name on it, two with friend B's name on it. They said I should leave the bookmarks in the pages of a starter, a main course, a dessert and a cocktail, and they would make me that dinner. So after much careful thought about what I wanted to eat (and about the cooking skills of my friends), I am going to have a luscious meal consisting of

- Goat's cheese in puff pastry with salad
- Tuna in a sesame crust with sweet potatoes
- a layered apple/walnut/cream dessert that looks amazing

- a cocktail (can't remember the name) with vodka, white wine, apple and elderberry juice

(Starter and dessert prepared by friend A, main course and cocktail prepared by friend B)

Best birthday present ever? I'll report back on Sunday.