love

Author Topic: Weekend  (Read 109681 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Weekend
« Reply #790 on: June 14, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
now... were you a participant or a spectator?
I couldn't participate; no operational bike and a strong sense of shame.

I could be neither.  These events are designed to be a huge middle finger up to people like me.

There's a large distinction between individuals and what the "big business" of their employ might represent, so I like to think the big middle finger isn't aimed at you. :)

oh no no no...I didn't mean "big oil".  (I keep forgetting people know I work indirectly for the energy sector)

Yeah no doubt - they deserve the crap they're getting right now!

I meant it more from a "parent of kids who doesn't appreciate naked bikers riding down my street" perspective. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:15:36 PM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #791 on: June 14, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »
square.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #792 on: June 14, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »
square.

"whitebread" was my nickname in college
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #793 on: June 14, 2010, 03:17:04 PM »
 :D

That's a whole different thing!

I have nothing to add. :)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #794 on: June 14, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »

That's a whole different thing!

I have nothing to add. :)

Nudity frightens and confuses me
(switchboard)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #795 on: June 14, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
This weekend I may or may not be going home. Difficult to say. One of my friends suggested I come back again this weekend to do something, plus father's day, but that girl I mentioned the other day is coming down to Cincy this weekend to visit some other friends too.

Friday: softball game, then who knows
Saturday: may go to Columbus because it'll be the last chance to see a friend who got a job at Boeing in Seattle
Sunday: depending if I am in Columbus, probably golf with the father.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #796 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »

I feel the same way about cricket.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #797 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
now... were you a participant or a spectator?
I couldn't participate; no operational bike and a strong sense of shame.

I could be neither.  These events are designed to be a huge middle finger up to people like me.

Hey! That's my finger you're designing!

I feel the same way about cricket.

I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #798 on: June 14, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »
there were parties! and the most delightful little cakes!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #799 on: June 15, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »
Recap of trip to Minneapolis this weekend:
  • We crossed the border with only 1/8th of a tank of gas thinking there would be station to fill up at very soon after crossing, and that waiting until we were in the states would save us some money. We drove for at least 100km before we came across one, the last 20km with the dial resting on the "empty" peg. We made it though, phew.
  • We discovered they DO enforce the speed limit in North Dakota. 87 in a 75. Doh! $60. Real nice cop though.
  • Got my bike in Fargo, no problems. The guy agreed to print me a receipt for 900$ instead of 1200$, which was HUGE because you pay duty on bikes >1000$ when you cross back into Canada. So I payed 14% (gst+pst) on 500$ instead of 25% (gst+pst+duty) on 800$. Big savings. Nice guy to do that for me. He said most people he deals with from Winnipeg are a-holes, but I was nice so he did me a favor
  • Made it to Minneapolis at around 11pm. Found our hotel which was right next to the Mall of America.
  • Went to IHOP for breakfast. My buddy got an omlette with "cheese" inside. I rate the breakfast overall a 3/10. Though again, our server was super nice. And she kept calling us "hun" or "dear" which added to the charm of the experience.
  • The Mall of America was cool. Bought a couple pairs of shoes for much cheaper than in Canada. Buddy bought a Camera. Discovered there's not a lot of Starbucks in Minneapolis, but there is a lot of Caribou Coffee. We were malled out after about 3 hours.
  • Went to P.F. Changs for lunch. Man, that place is AWESOME. Between the three of us we got 4 dishes, an appetizer and 3 beers, and the bill was only like 70 bux. For the quality it seemed like a great value. Again, super nice server (and cute).
  • Took the subway from the mall to Target field for the ballgame. Very convenient. Got to see some of the city. Pretty nice downtown. The baseball game was cool. Sold out, new arena. As far as sporting events go, baseball is very laid back. It was fun, beside being a bit wet out. Got a hotdog, it was delicious.
  • Everywhere we went, we got ID'd for drinks. PF Changs, the ballgame, the liquor store. My buddy is 29... he looks 29. It was funny.
  • Picked up some Sierra Nevada beer on the way back from the game, to go with the Cinnabon's I bought earlier at the mall. (yum). Watched about 2 minutes of that movie with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Kate Winslet and Jude Law on tv before calling it a night.
  • Hit the road the next morning by 11. Stopped at a great diner-style Denny's just outside Minneapolis for breakfast. Beat the hell out of IHOP.
  • Made it back to Winnipeg by 8pm. Good trip overall.